Full name Angelo Obinze Ogbonna
Date of birth 23 May 1988 (age 23)
Place of birth Cassino, Italy
Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
Playing position Centre back
Current club Torino
Number 6

---------- Post added 01.03.2012 at 02:11 ----------

very impressive defender and versatile too, did not look out of place at LB.

should be a matter of time before we ask about him.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
I think we did try to sign him or at least asked about him. But he refused us cuz he plays for Torino I think. Anyway he is a top prospect player. I thought LB was in natural position?

OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
  • Thread Starter #3
    ^ not sure if we asked as such, he was asked on Italian radio if he would join Juve and he (apparently) jokingly said no, never.

Mar 30, 2006
    He would be a great player to have. Him and Chiellini in the same team would be beastly. It would be nice if we tried to bring him in for next season. He has a high price attached to him though.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I didn't see enough to be convinced of anything. The first half he played as a CB, he didn't have shit to do because Italy controlled the ball the whole time. Obviously not a LB, so yeah.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Yeah, didn't this guy talk shit about Juventus or something?

Anyways he had a solid performance tonight.

May 22, 2007
    He didn't really show much defensively (not his fault), and offensively he was okay but wouldn't be a left back anyway?

His agent denied the quotes of him saying "never join Juve".

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Well then he's back in my good books if that's the case. I think he had a good showing, nothing special but he was rarely called to do much.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    Definitely unimpressive at LB today. Up until Chiello was introduced, I thought he was pretty good.

Imposing physicality, that's for sure. This guy is a beast!

KC17

Aug 18, 2011
    Definitely unimpressive at LB today. Up until Chiello was introduced, I thought he was pretty good.

Imposing physicality, that's for sure. This guy is a beast!
    I agree, Prandelli's tactics were odd today. Ogbonna was impressive until that sub, and even after it he wasn't too bad, just clearly not the type of LB you want in a game your trailing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Anyone notice how he always drew the forward in and then knocked the ball quickly past them to get a yard of space? :D He must have done this 30 times in the game. He's extremely left footed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)