Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What if Zidane goes and manages some Tenerifes and Neverkusens for next 10 years was the similarity point.

Is Jupp highly regarded?

- - - Updated - - -

You forgret something. They hardly spent under Zidane. 90% team was same as 2014 when Carlo coached. Keeper changed and Zidane promoted younger players like Asensio and Vazguez.

Zidane even refused new signings last summer. They had exactly the same XI in last 2 finals.
And then wins another CL title after like Jupp? I said that he would retire after the 10 years.

---

That's okay, they already had an amazing squad.

I'm not saying he didn't have any input you know.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Zidane won one league in 2 tries (1st season doesent count, Benitez left him a big Barca lead, and Zidane finished season with 2 pts short of them)
And this season he finished 3rd and was eliminated from coppa very early. If he wasnt for CHL help from referees he would have been fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And this season he finished 3rd and was eliminated from coppa very early. If he wasnt for CHL help from referees he would have been fired.

no one cares about Copa. as soon as they realized Barcelona will win it, they concentrated on CL. 2nd or 3rd makes literally no difference, as both qualify to CL group stages. still, 1/2 leagues is too small sample size, but 3 CLs in 2.5 years speaks volumes

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
no one cares about Copa. as soon as they realized Barcelona will win it, they concentrated on CL2nd or 3rd makes literally no difference, as both qualify to CL group stages. still, 1/2 leagues is too small sample size, but 3 CLs in 2.5 years speaks volumes
Thats just a BS statement. Barca could say we concentrated in La Liga didnt care about CHL. Napoli dropped off from Europe to concentrate in Championship. Thats just losers excuse. If referees werent on Real’s side or if there was VAR he’d been fired long time ago.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats just a BS statement. Barca could say we concentrated in La Liga didnt care about CHL. Napoli dropped off from Europe to concentrate in Championship. Thats just losers excuse. If referees werent on Real’s side or if there was VAR he’d been fired long time ago.

Real started the league terrible, it was obvious in October that barcelona gonna win it. they could either go all out trying to get 2nd place over atletico, which is pointless, or rest players and concentrate all powers on the CL. they did the smart thing, the 2nd out of two options. and lol at barcelona ditching CL for la liga, you realize why that is a terrible example? they could easily rest players/play at 50% in the games around important CL nights, and still walked off with the la liga title easily.

and you bring up refs again, so im gonna say Peps barcelona had even bigger ref help and won only half as much CLs in 1.5 more years than Zidanes Real, again. we basically go in circles

Apr 29, 2006
Zizou might be half the manager other top coaches are, but even that is more than enough to be goat because player would pay 200% attention to him. Pep is another similar example, but he doesn't have half the aura Zizou has.

I bet my ass even those 5 time CL winners in Real weren't missing a beat when he was talking. If he walks into any other dressing room on earth the players would sit down quite like children and listen carefully to what he has to say. That there is half the battle won.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I'd take him, fuck it. You don't win 3 CLs in a row with pure luck or just good players. Maybe once, maybe even twice, but definitely not three times in a row. There has to be something about him that gets the players fired up in the most intense games of the season. You could see how he managed to turn the players up even more in the lockerroom during the finals against both us and Liverpool. He has an aura of calm and respect around him that frantic yelling Allegri doesn't have, and that's what separates them in heated moments. We've won it all in Italy and will continue to do so with Allegri I am sure, but honestly I wouldn't mind taking a chance at the only prize that keeps evading us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)