Zamparini eyes UEFA exit! (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Monday 25 September, 2006
Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini has sensationally declared that he hopes his side get beaten by West Ham in their UEFA Cup first round tie.

The Rosanero were on top of the Serie A table before being defeated by Empoli on Sunday – much to the outspoken chief’s fury.

Their next match comes on Thursday against the Hammers, with the Rosanero leading the tie after their 1-0 win at Upton Park in the first leg.

“I hope West Ham kick us out of the UEFA Cup, otherwise I am sure we will lose again on Sunday against Chievo,” said Zamparini.

“This team cannot compete in two different tournaments and I honestly couldn't care less about the UEFA Cup – I prefer the Serie A championship.”

Wednesday’s party after the 5-3 win with Catania in the Sicilian derby seems light years away and Zamparini wants his men to keep their feet on the ground.

“Rotation is only possible for those clubs who have European ambitions, but that is not our case,” he continued.

“It’s a great feeling to be at the top, but it is just as terrible to fall back after an unacceptable and irritating defeat.

“I believe that we need to improve the performance of our defence, because we are conceding too many goals to our opponents.

“We can learn from this defeat and do well this season, but we need to focus.”

Well he maks sense in a weird kind of way.Although i think that his team has more chances of getting the Uefa cup than getting Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
sateeh said:
Monday 25 September, 2006
Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini has sensationally declared that he hopes his side get beaten by West Ham in their UEFA Cup first round tie.

The Rosanero were on top of the Serie A table before being defeated by Empoli on Sunday – much to the outspoken chief’s fury.

Their next match comes on Thursday against the Hammers, with the Rosanero leading the tie after their 1-0 win at Upton Park in the first leg.

“I hope West Ham kick us out of the UEFA Cup, otherwise I am sure we will lose again on Sunday against Chievo,” said Zamparini.

“This team cannot compete in two different tournaments and I honestly couldn't care less about the UEFA Cup – I prefer the Serie A championship.”

Wednesday’s party after the 5-3 win with Catania in the Sicilian derby seems light years away and Zamparini wants his men to keep their feet on the ground.

“Rotation is only possible for those clubs who have European ambitions, but that is not our case,” he continued.

“It’s a great feeling to be at the top, but it is just as terrible to fall back after an unacceptable and irritating defeat.

“I believe that we need to improve the performance of our defence, because we are conceding too many goals to our opponents.

“We can learn from this defeat and do well this season, but we need to focus.”

Well he maks sense in a weird kind of way.Although i think that his team has more chances of getting the Uefa cup than getting Serie A.
same...maybe he wants champions league :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)