Zambrotta should shut his mouth! (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
from Channel4.com

Juventus’ Gianluca Zambrotta has told Antonio Cassano to leave Roma for the good of his career.

The 22-year-old continues to have problems in the Eternal City and speculation suggests that a summer move may occur.

"I think the best thing for Cassano would be to leave," said Zambrotta. "Roma don’t seem to be the ideal club for him."

Cassano has a reputation for losing his cool and his numerous tantrums have arguably affected his career.

He was frozen out of the Under-21 set-up in the past after falling out with boss Claudio Gentile.

He then had numerous verbal bust-ups with Fabio Capello even if the latter did get him to perform at the highest levels last term.

However, the new season has seen the old Cassano return. He clashed with boss Rudi Voller twice in the space of his 26-day employment.

The striker was then jeered by the Roma fans on Sunday when he was visibly unimpressed with Gigi Del Neri’s decision to substitute him in the 3-3 draw with Inter.

Cassano was back in training with the Giallorossi on Wednesday after recovering from a fever.

Reports suggest he held lengthy talks with Del Neri about that incident but also regarding a possible change of position.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a huge fan of Zambrotta, he was brilliant at Euro2004, but he should shut the hell up!

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
from Channel4.com

Juventus’ Gianluca Zambrotta has told Antonio Cassano to leave Roma for the good of his career.

The 22-year-old continues to have problems in the Eternal City and speculation suggests that a summer move may occur.

"I think the best thing for Cassano would be to leave," said Zambrotta. "Roma don’t seem to be the ideal club for him."

Cassano has a reputation for losing his cool and his numerous tantrums have arguably affected his career.

He was frozen out of the Under-21 set-up in the past after falling out with boss Claudio Gentile.

He then had numerous verbal bust-ups with Fabio Capello even if the latter did get him to perform at the highest levels last term.

However, the new season has seen the old Cassano return. He clashed with boss Rudi Voller twice in the space of his 26-day employment.

The striker was then jeered by the Roma fans on Sunday when he was visibly unimpressed with Gigi Del Neri’s decision to substitute him in the 3-3 draw with Inter.

Cassano was back in training with the Giallorossi on Wednesday after recovering from a fever.

Reports suggest he held lengthy talks with Del Neri about that incident but also regarding a possible change of position.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a huge fan of Zambrotta, he was brilliant at Euro2004, but he should shut the hell up!
man u shut up.He's is telling the truth.roma is a hell and it's killing cassano.
I smell another transfer from roma.
LOL----> SENSI:howler:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
sorry Nicole, but I think Zambrotta is absolutely right.

It's a mess there at Roma. The club can't even manage their finances let alone manage a rising star who has personality issues. Cassano needs to feel that he's in a club greater than him. A club that doesn't care if he sits on the bench, not a club that'll yell at him then kiss his ass when they need him.

I think you're just mad at the reality that Cassano is not going to stay at Roma. Roma can barely keep a hold of Totti.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
He's right, why should he shut up?

Everyone who's left clubs like Inter and Roma talk about what a hell of a time they had there, with financial mismanagement and lack of team spirit in the dressing room; I think the best description I've heard was a "poisonous atmosphere"

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Haha how true.

Actually I agree with Zambrotta said. Roma has so many young players but wad the hell has happened to their team spirit and $$$? Roma has the potential to train the young players yet the atmosphere there does not suit them. No wonder Zebina left Roma..............

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    sorry Nicole, but I think Zambrotta is absolutely right.

It's a mess there at Roma. The club can't even manage their finances let alone manage a rising star who has personality issues. Cassano needs to feel that he's in a club greater than him. A club that doesn't care if he sits on the bench, not a club that'll yell at him then kiss his ass when they need him.

I think you're just mad at the reality that Cassano is not going to stay at Roma. Roma can barely keep a hold of Totti.
    Hmm...we cant manage a rising star with personally issues? Ditto Totti?

Well, its seems Juve really dont want Cassano, I mean it's not like Capello, Buffon and now Zambrotta have been talking about him in the last week? Just face it, Cassano will stay at Roma just like Totti, and he'll become as great if not greater!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    from Channel4.com

But Zambrotta is right, isn't he Nicole?

Roma just doesn't seem the ideal environment for him.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    No, thats completely wrong, would you of said that last season? When he was brilliant? Del Neri just needs time, Totti was right when he said Capello was too 'easy' on Cassano!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. Its just a mature piece of advice to someone whose not having the best time of it, in an environment that isnt the best to be nurtured in. Roma can barely look after themselves, to actually worry about explosive talents like Cassano.

Jul 28, 2002
    Cassano needs a disciplined enviroment...with a strong team strucuture....sorry nicole, roma aint got it.....totti is the example of how bad the system is....his attitude often stinks, hence why he is not on the shortlist for world player of the year....with totti as his mentor, no wonder cassano is misbehaving.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    So, your saying the enviorment is wrong? then how can it be better at Juve, when the person responsible for it, is now at Juve?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Hmm...we cant manage a rising star with personally issues? Ditto Totti?

Well, its seems Juve really dont want Cassano, I mean it's not like Capello, Buffon and now Zambrotta have been talking about him in the last week? Just face it, Cassano will stay at Roma just like Totti, and he'll become as great if not greater!
    Totti himself has considered moving away from Roma. And yes, Cassano will be great, perhaps as a Bianconero. ;)

Jul 28, 2002
    So, your saying the enviorment is wrong? then how can it be better at Juve, when the person responsible for it, is now at Juve?
    the manager is not the only one responsible for the atmosphere...md's, directors, coaches, players, captain....verything adds up to make a enviroment, not jus a manager.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    True, but its the managers job to make sure that the enviorment is right, if there is a player making a bad atmosphere then it is the managers job to get rid of that player!

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    It is hard to maintain a good atmosphere when half the squad is not paid. It is very hard for players and managers to work when they don't get paid on time.

Jul 28, 2002
    True, but its the managers job to make sure that the enviorment is right, if there is a player making a bad atmosphere then it is the managers job to get rid of that player!
    then bye bye totti and cassano??

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    No, thats completely wrong, would you of said that last season? When he was brilliant? Del Neri just needs time, Totti was right when he said Capello was too 'easy' on Cassano!

Capello too easy on Cassano? Please...

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    What? Oh, sorry I forgot Capello is a disiplinary manager isnt he...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)