Zalayeta prepares Juve exit (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Zalayeta prepares Juve exit
Wednesday 22 March, 2006
Marcelo Zalayeta will finally bring his Juventus career to a conclusion at the end of this season, according to reports in Italy.

The 27-year-old first joined the Stadio Delle Alpi outfit in November 1997 but wants to leave given his lack of use this term.

The Uruguayan has rarely featured for the Old Lady with Fabio Capello preferring to alternate his attacking trio of David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zalayeta was already on the verge of leaving last summer but was convinced to remain after expertly filling in for Trezeguet during his injury problems.

However, he now believes it is time for regular first team football and Juve, albeit reluctantly, are prepared to release him.

French side Bordeaux, a revelation in Ligue 1 this term, are said to be his likely next destination.

Juventus netted the then youngster from Penarol, but have shipped him out to Empoli, Sevilla and Perugia on loan during his Bianconeri stay.

His exit will undoubtedly see Juventus bring in a new striker which is likely to be one of their former youth team players.

Raffaele Palladino and Rej Volpato, currently on loan at Livorno and Siena respectively, are in a good position to win a Juventus recall.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Though I really like Zalayeta, one of the most resp players in our squad...I don't mind to see him leaving. He deserve some playing time.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
The best part about Zalayeta leaving (thanks Zala for your services) is that like the article says in the last part, we may see Palladino or Volpato comming to the club.

About Zala, I think he deserves to try in other team where he can get more chances, thanks Marcelo! :D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Zalayeta is the guy who patiently waits his chance,good player but I think that he deserves to play,so it is better for him to go somewhere where he can get some playing time.
In our squad even Del Piero can't get enough playing time,thanx to Capello.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
i am confused some time ago channel4 said that zalayeta has signed a new contract now channel4 is saying he is going to leave simlarly i am confused about the future of triade why are not offered a new contract they have done so much for juve

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Batigol said:
nothing agaist the guy, but it is time to have a better fourth attacker.
I agree. Zala deserves the playing time, and I salute him for how valuable he has been in his role for us. But when the injuries are out, he's not the guy I feel comfortable with starting in the CL, for example.

Too bad somebody like Recoba costs a fortune, as he's a great example of the kind of impact forward who can come off the bench and do real damage at any time.

Dec 8, 2005
He has done some really great things for the club. Two great injury time goals vs Barcelona and Real Madrid. We owe Marcelo Zalayeta many applauses. Very talented player but his lack of confidence infront of goal was the reason, unfortunatelly, we didnt see him much in the first 11. GOOD LUCK MARCELO!:agree:

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
He made important goals for us in the few matches he played for us. he just ha s no chance against zlatan, alex, trezeguet and mutu. i wish him good luck if he leaves. I can understand that he wants to play more.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I think its the bet point to leave us! Maybe he get a club were he will be the number-one striker and not number 4! And maybe he will score a lot off goals!

Thx for every goal Zala!
I remeber the goal against Barca, or the beutiful against Real!
Or when you came in against rome last season and made a goal just a few min. later!

grazie Marcelo Zalayeta!!

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
great player, scored some important goals for juve in the CL. it was only a matter of time b4 he left, he was under-used at juve.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
giovanotti said:
Zalayeta is the guy who patiently waits his chance,good player but I think that he deserves to play,so it is better for him to go somewhere where he can get some playing time.
In our squad even Del Piero can't get enough playing time,thanx to Capello.
im sorry but he waited patiently becuase he is playing from a big team and he has limited talent. i can't remember anything this guy did expect these two goal, which im grateful for, but lets face it he wasn't good enough for perugia and empoli how he could ever book a starting shirt in a club that has 4 worldclass forwards already.

ps he can't control a ball, really wished he could learn something from Dp in all these years :disagree:

anyway thank u Zala and goodbye

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Paolo Sosa said:
im sorry but he waited patiently becuase he is playing from a big team and he has limited talent. i can't remember anything this guy did expect these two goal, which im grateful for, but lets face it he wasn't good enough for perugia and empoli how he could ever book a starting shirt in a club that has 4 worldclass forwards already.

ps he can't control a ball, really wished he could learn something from Dp in all these years :disagree:

anyway thank u Zala and goodbye
But,how many strikers would accept to be a striker from the bench?

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Though I really like Zalayeta, one of the most resp players in our squad...I don't mind to see him leaving. He deserve some playing time.
:agree:

What I liked about him the most was his speciall ability of scoring against spanish teams :D

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
giovanotti said:
Let's use him against Barca in the final.:D
I'm sure it will be something like this: 2-2 in extra-time. Min 118. Free Kick from dp. The ball hits the crossbar. Zalayeta gets the ball in the edg of the big area. He sudenly (very lucky) kick the ball. It gets through Valdes' legs and very slowly enters into the net. We win the CL!

:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)