Zabrotta On Nike.com (1 Viewer)

OP

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    I only see him on Juventus kit page in the showcase.
    Even better, I didn't know that was up yet.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    if del piero is supposed to be like juve's "icon" i dont get why they dont use him on the adds?

i know they used to (forgive me if im wrong)

cool pic though

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    well ya its obvious he isnt playing as well as others

but hes still a big marketing franchise isnt he?

same way EVERYONE here knwos david beckam yet look how crap he is\

im probly wrong but thought since all of juve is sponsored by nike all the players are?

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Well, if you check Adidas's website and go to the Road to Lisbon section, you will see a nice big wallpaper of Del Piero there.

See DP isn't sponsored by Nike, therefore, why would he be in Nike commercials? In addition, since Juve's jersey is made my Nike, Adidas would not allow DP to wear the Juve jersey in their ads. And just for the record, DP was Italy's only representative for Adidas in the Road to Lisbon ad that we saw continously before, during halftime and after the Euro games. Along with Totti, DP is Italy's most popular commercial icon. Of course the likes of Zidane, Henry, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Davids and Beckham get more attention in the ads because of their greater individual popularity, but that doesn't mean that they are on better form than the players who get less commercialized.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    im probly wrong but thought since all of juve is sponsored by nike all the players are?
    No, club sponsors and player sponsors are two different stories. Del Piero's sponsor is Adidas, but his club sponsor is Nike. Even moreover, his NT sponsor is Puma. Or Ronaldo's sponsor is Nike, but his club sponsor is Adidas. But players whos clubs or national team's sponsors are the same as their own sponsors have an advantage simply because then they can wear their own club/nt jerseys in the ads :p

Thats why in Road to Lisbon, you saw Raul, Zidane, Viera, Ballack and Kahn wear their NT jerseys because they were made by Adidas. But players like Makaay (Dutch jersey is Nike), Del Piero (Italian is Puma), and Beckham (Umbro??) just wore general Adidas sporting wear. Not a big deal, but it would have been cool to see DP in the Italian jersey, rather than some grey tracksuite with three lines on the side...

That is why in the picture in this thread, Zambrotta who is sponsored by Nike, was allowed to wear the Juve jersey because Juve are also sponsored by Nike.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    It's all pretty simple really

I remember when I went to get Harry Kewell to sign my ball, he wasn't even allowed to sign a Leeds jersey because he was contracted to Adidas :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)