Yokohama F-Marinos [vs] Juventus (1 Viewer)

Rainforest Liu

Apr 26, 2004
The first Juventus press conference in Japan was held yesterday before about seventy journalists. Accompanied by Commercial Director Romy Gai, Fabio Capello, Alessandro Del Piero, Pavel Nedved, Lilian Thuram and David Trezeguet answered local reporters’ questions and posed for photographs with the Scudetto cup that has come with the squad to the Juventus Japan Tour.
Here are some of the Bianconeri’s declarations:

Romy Gai: “This is our first time here after winning the Intercontinental Cup, one of the best moments of our recent history. We had a good time then, that’s why we’ve decided to come back for a visit and we hope this can be auspicious for us to come back soon and conquer that trophy”

Fabio Capello. “I’m very happy I’ve come back here for the fifth time. I hope I can come back another year to play the Intercontinental Cup. Meanwhile, we have to think about this tour and particularly tomorrow’s match, when we’ll meet Japan Cup’s winners. We want to play well and also we don’t like losing!”

Alessandro Del Piero: “I’m happy we’re back here as Scudetto winners. We hope we’ll have a good time during this stay. Any advice to Japan’s National Team? None, only my best wishes to them and Nakata”

Pavel Nedved: “It’s my first time in Japan and I’d love to visit it. Japan’s National Team? I think they’ll qualify for next World Cup, they’re a good team, I met them with the Czech Republic last year and we lost 1-0”

Lilian Thuram: “I had never come here, I played the latest World Cup in Korea. I’m happy I can now have the chance to get to know this soccer and visit a country where I’ll certainly take my family on holiday”

David Trezeguet: “It’s my first time in Japan. I’m happy about it and I hope I can come back another year as Champions League winners”

Rainforest Liu

Apr 26, 2004
Before the scheduled training at Nissan Stadium, the lads had a nice break dedicated to the youngsters of Nissan Soccer School.
Everybody on the pitch, doing some practice play, collecting autographs and having pictures with their Bianconeri champions. An unforgettable moment for the budding players!

Rainforest Liu

Apr 26, 2004
At the press conference, Fabio Capello commented on the match won against Yokohama F-Marinos: “It was a real match, played with the right motivations from both sides. We dominated it in the first half, when we created many scoring occasions, while we conceded a little in the second half. As a whole, I liked the committment and determination of the squad. The opponents are a good team. In the first half, when they played deep and tried to counterattack, we had some problem in finding the goal, while in the second half, when they pushed forward, we seemed to be more vulnerable. They play a well organized game.”

This was Capello’s comment on the other players that joined the team, some of whom were fielded during the second half: “We brought along some players from other teams, young and interested, as I think it is important to judge them outside their usual reality.”

Rainforest Liu

Apr 26, 2004
Alessandro Del Piero, awarded as best player of the match, comments with an open smile on the friendly match they won against Yokohama F-Marinos, a result achieved thanks to his goal: “We’re happy, it was great and fun to play here. The match was taken seriously by everyone and it showed. Competition in soccer cannot lack as everyone wants to win. The goal? I was about to nod it in but I realized that the ball was too far for me so I went forward to see what would happen, the ball bounced back and then I could kick it in and score. Our opponents? I want to compliment the Okada team, they play well and have a good physical preparation, which showed in spite of some absences.”

Pavel Nedved underlines the squad’s committment: “It was a very serious match, we played really well in the first half, while in the second they came up and we slowed down a bit, but what really matters is that people enjoyed the show. We face friendly matches with the same committment of official matches and we’re happy it ended this way.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)