World Cup Qualifier: Moldova - Italy (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I dont know if im the only one who thinks this, but i really prefer Zambro as winger.
I've had that opinion from day one ;)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I dont know if im the only one who thinks this, but i really prefer Zambro as winger.
Well he is a winger today too, even if he plays at LB. The only difference is that he also is superb defensively too, and as a LB he can get full use of that too. Zambrotta is a fantastic player!!!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Lippi opts for Del Piero
Tuesday 7 September, 2004

Alex Del Piero is expected to partner Bernardo Corradi in Wednesday’s World Cup qualifier against Moldova.

The Juventus ace didn’t feature in the 2-1 win over Norway at the weekend but he’s set to return to the side after shaking off an injury.

"I’m feeling good and I’m happy with my physical condition," said the No 10. "That is the only thing that interests me."

The Azzurri completed their first training session in Moldova last night where some clues were left by boss Marcello Lippi.

Del Piero was tried in attack alongside Corradi, which suggests they will be Italy’s striking duo tomorrow evening.

Lippi has already admitted that he could make up to five changes to the side that won on Saturday.

Most of the alterations are likely to take place in midfield with Aimo Diana, Massimo Ambrosini and Andrea Pirlo all in contention for a starting shirt.

There is also the possibility that Gianluca Zambrotta could be used as a left-back again after playing in midfield against Norway.

If that happens then expect Stefano Fiore to be fielded on the left of midfield rather than the right.

Maya

Sep 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
Lippi opts for Del Piero
"I’m feeling good and I’m happy with my physical condition," said the No 10. "That is the only thing that interests me."
:eek:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maya ] ++

:eek:
I think they're referring to his position more. Why would he suddenly wear no.10? He always wears 7 even when Totti is absent. Not that I would mind Ale wearing 10 though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Le probabili formazioni
MOLDOVA (5-3-1-1): 1 Hmaruk; 2 Kovalenko, 6 Olexici, 5 Katynsus, 4 Baryshev, 3 Savinov; 7 Kovalchuc, 8 Priganiuc, 11 Chebotari; 10 Dadu; 9 Mitarev. (12 Melenckuc, 13 Ivanov, 14 Lungu, 15 Bursuc, 16 Andriutsa, 17 Kalincov, 18 Rogaciov). All.: Pasulko.
ITALIA (4-4-2): 1 Buffon; 2 Oddo, 6 Nesta, 5 Materazzi, 3 Zambrotta; 11 Diana, 4 Gattuso, 10 Pirlo, 8 Ambrosini; 7 Del Piero, 9 Gilardino (12 Pelizzoli, 13 Bonera, 14 Legrottaglie, 15 Fiore, 16 De Rossi, 18 Blasi, 19 Corradi).

He'll play with no.7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)