World Cup Lounge (9 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #462
    It was a narrow win indeed; however Holland were more dangerous and couldn't convert all the chances and possession they had in the first half.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Good jobby the Erik's. They did what they had to do. Score early, and the control the game.
    They can qualify already if they beat the Elephants; I don't want that to happen, 'cause Argentina-Erik is supposed to be a world-class game!!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Sweet Jesus this game wasn't good for my blood pressure.

And there's Marco van Basten being interviewed, acting like it's a friendly. Motherf. Wish I had steel nerves.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Erik said:
    Thanks! Same to you. We're like England now. Only we really really really shouldn't try to defend a 1 goal lead :D
    well, Van Basten played in Italy, right?

btw, Robben is incredible. I didn't get to watch much of Chelsea this season, but this guy is truely one hell of a football player.

Oh, and there was too much Orange in the stadium, my TV had troubles handling that.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Geof said:
    well, Van Basten played in Italy, right?

btw, Robben is incredible. I didn't get to watch much of Chelsea this season, but this guy is truely one hell of a football player.

Oh, and there was too much Orange in the stadium, my TV had troubles handling that.
    The stadium looked like it was in Rotterdam. Gorgeous.

And Robben... yeah if he gets injured we're in trouble. Let's hope (for the sake of the football quality too) that he stays fit!

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #471
    Erik said:
    Thanks! Same to you. We're like England now. Only we really really really shouldn't try to defend a 1 goal lead :D
    No one defeded the one goal lead, Holland pushed all the time and Robben was so close many times. Will Van der Vaart play instead of Sneijder?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Jeeks said:
    No one defeded the one goal lead, Holland pushed all the time and Robben was so close many times. Will Van der Vaart play instead of Sneijder?
    Van Basten said Van der Vaart was fit for this game, but he wanted to spare him. I'm assuming he will play against the Ivory Coast. Which is at 6 pm thank god, not in this heat...

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Well done Holland. Well im off to enjoy the atmosphere, its frickin awesome!

I hope to god England meets Germany in the next stage and we knock em out. Ill have bragging rights for years over all my German mates :weee:

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #474
    Erik said:
    Van Basten said Van der Vaart was fit for this game, but he wanted to spare him. I'm assuming he will play against the Ivory Coast. Which is at 6 pm thank god, not in this heat...
    At 6:00 pm the heat is not that better, Europe is wittnessing on of the warmest summers.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Holland deserved their win. Solid performance from them. Robben was quite obviously the best player on the pitch today but the rest of the team are going to have to step up against the Ivory Coast and Argentina. Van Bommel wasn't great but I think they're going to need him in the side for the next two games. A midfield of Cocu, Sneijder and Van der Vaart is too lightweight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)