World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The world cup is losing its charm if it's played in winter, but I must admit that players being in top form at the moment might make the level of football higher.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
icεmαή;2804141 said:
That'd be a stupid reason to lose out. Isn't the whole point of spreading the Cup across countries to promote the game further?
Yes you're right but the other football codes wanted to protect their brands as well. For example most of the stadiums in Australia are oval stadiums used for AFL/Cricket and there is a couple of big ones in Sydney that are squared and used for NRL/ Union.

So then the world cup will come in and FIFA have demanded that all major sporting leagues be stopped in the duration of the world cup. The other codes freaked out and an already "weak" bid kept getting weaker even though it had government backing, piles of money an decent support from Beckenbaur iirc.

It would've been a real spectacle there, full houses all around and a great party for a month. But I don't think a strong enough legacy would've been kept for football and am not really sure the views from the stadiums would be ideal etc.

About the winter world cup. Hell No! The whole point behind is that its the great event in the summer. Heat or no heat, you can push it back a few weeks or something where the weather will be a bit better. But it has to be in the summer and trust the players could adapt.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't think as many people will end up watching in the winter. There will also be less supporters in the town squares cheering for their favorite squads. Who wants to stay outside wearing a jersey in the freezing cold?

And most importantly of all, it messes with the league schedules so eff that ish.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think as many people will end up watching in the winter. There will also be less supporters in the town squares cheering for their favorite squads. Who wants to stay outside wearing a jersey in the freezing cold?

And most importantly of all, it messes with the league schedules so eff that ish.
There is no freezing cold in Qatar. The weather is perfect in the winter.

World Cup in Qatar :lol2:

World Cup in Qatar in the Winter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've made your bed FIFA now lie in it and work something realistic out, morons.
Still bitter i see.:seven:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
A winter WC would turn the world upside down. At least with club schedules.
Yes, but I actually think it would be better that way for a lot of European countries anyway. I know football is considered a winter sport in this part of the world, but especially for amateurs a lot of games are postponed because of the awful weather conditions. Make it a summer sport and the circumstances are always great. Football would be so much more fun for amateurs.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, but I actually think it would be better that way for a lot of European countries anyway. I know football is considered a winter sport in this part of the world, but especially for amateurs a lot of games are postponed because of the awful weather conditions. Make it a summer sport and the circumstances are always great. Football would be so much more fun for amateurs.
The thing is the audiences, many Europeans travel during the summer and this will make it difficult to attend matches. On the other hand, many northerners would enjoy more matches in Italy and Spain.

Sep 1, 2002
On human rites alone they shouldn't get it. But add the dreadful weather condition (dangerous) and the fact that they may now farm out some of the games (to the highest bidders?): Pathetic, shambolic, disgraceful, and it stinks of rank corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)