World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I feel sorry for the people in Qatar. So they just got to know that they're hosting the World Cup and now..well, they have to wait for 12 years. Thats fucked up. Thats like having a trip booked that you're so excited about buts its 12 years from now.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I feel sorry for the people in Qatar. So they just got to know that they're hosting the World Cup and now..well, they have to wait for 12 years. Thats fucked up. Thats like having a trip booked that you're so excited about buts its 12 years from now.
Naah they need that time space to host a great World cup in 12 years.

People from the outside think of Qatar as a Rich-spoiled country with tiny population that knows shit all other than spending their endless money pit. But the reality is different, yes they're rich as fuck but people (specially those who control the country) are a pretty smart people with a serious vision.

Qatar is not Dubai, Abu dhabi or Saudi Arabia. These Cities/countries share a similar wealth status that Qatar has but definitely not the mentalities that their leaders have.

Worked for years in all these countries and i've found rather different mentality in Qatar. They're just Smarter and more serious about their future....

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This reminds of when V went crazy that one night and then sobered up later on :D

Nick, you know this WC won't be televised right? Qatari's have yet to receive black&white TV's (scheduled to arrive in 2017). They're planning on selling some camels to buy their first camera for broadcasting purposes but that's just a dream at this point.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
This reminds of when V went crazy that one night and then sobered up later on :D

Nick, you know this WC won't be televised right? Qatari's have yet to receive black&white TV's (scheduled to arrive in 2017). They're planning on selling some camels to buy their first camera for broadcasting purposes but that's just a dream at this point.
just got the ol' telegraph out of the attic, am all set...can't wait! :alen: :alen:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It beats being England, thinking that the world owes you a favor and in 8 years you ain't getting shit.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I look at what a WC would bring to each nation after the competition is finished. In that light, Russia is a very good choice. Their domestic league has improved over the years. Top players are coming from the RPL, and they are doing well in Europe (CSKA, Zenit). New stadiums/training centers will give an already ascending league an even bigger boost.

From FIFA's perspective, it is a very smart choice. A large nation with a wealth of natural resources and who straddle 2 continents. Investing in Russia's footballing future with a WC is a smart way for them to expand their presence in a potentially very lucrative market.

The above doesn't seem to apply as strongly to Qatar, but money talks. These filthy rich Arabs have more money than sense, so I'm sure it will be a fantastic event for the fans.

As for England's failure, is it really a surprise? You cant expect FIFA to award you an event after a concentrated smear campaign (regardless of it's validity) against them. You signed your own death warrant.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #337
    I bet that every single candidate tried to bribe the judges.
    Some better than others.

ppl in the middle east are crazy about football tho, soccer isnt even that popular in the US as a whole.

I thik its fair that each region gets a shot, i was happy for africa last time and now am for russia and qatar.
    The US, and basically Japan and Australia are multi-sport countries, it's not their national sport but it doesn't detract from capability or interest gathered.

Is it true that most of the stadiums will be made within a short distance of each others in a sports city complex, presumably near Doha, and that they will be 'flat pack' stadiums that will go up for the tournament and then be dismantled and sent to third world countries? :shifty: Nice gesture, places which actually can use a football stadium, which is basically my point. This has no legacy to leave in Qatar like it is doing in South Africa or will in Russia, or would in many other emerging candidates, it's just a 'look at me' gesture that is prevalent in the region, 'look what we can do'.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008

Your obsession for me is worrying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)