Wishlist and General Juve winter mercato talk (2013-14) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Valencia ? I tought he was the guy that pushed nani out of the starting 11 cause MUCH more consistent, less offensively, but solid defensively.

I mean, what prices are we talking about here ?
No idea. Don't even know if Man Utd will have any interest in selling.

But sooner or later Man Utd are going to reshape their squad and there are going to be interesting players made available to finance it.

If the right offer came in for Lictsteiner I'd sell him, right/left backs have a shelf life and Lict is fast approaching his (there are some exceptions like Cafu), but by the time they hit 29/30 most decline, they can't cope with the demands of the position. Zambrotta was finished the summer we sold him, and he was the same age Lict is now. Maicon was the same.
Now would be the time to sell Lichtsteiner if you are keen on recouping most (if not all) of the cash Juve paid for him.

But I see no reason to believe Lichtsteiner doesn't have at least a couple more good seasons in him, so I wouldn't particularly object to Juve giving him a new contract.

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Lichtsteiner Vidal Pirlo Pogba Lulic
Mandzukic Tévez

Mandzukic - 20M
Lulic - 10M
I like Lulic. Not going to suggest he is a better player than Asamoah, but he probably is more balanced as a wing back.

I'd also like to see one of Juve's wing backs be comfortable enough as a wide midfielder so that Juve could easily change to a back four.

Your system can easily become:

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

----Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba----Lulic

Tevez

CF​

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,083
    The minimum I expect from Beppe for the winter and next year's mercato. Anything more I'd be surprised and content.

OUT: Vucinic/Quagliarella, De Ceglie, Peluso, Isla, Rubinho, Motta.
    IN: Gabbiadini/Zaza/Berardi, D'Ambrosio/Evra, Kempf/Pol Garcia, Diamanti/Menez, Leali/Primavera keeper, Nainggolan/Jorginho.

:cry:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    The minimum I expect from Beppe for the winter and next year's mercato. Anything more I'd be surprised and content.

IN: Gabbiadini/Zaza/Berardi, D'Ambrosio/Evra, Kempf/Pol Garcia, Diamanti/Menez, Leali/Primavera keeper, Nainggolan/Jorginho.

so underwhelming :sad:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006

Ibarbo e Pazzini: mosse Juve se parte Vucinic a gennaio. Biabiany in pole per la fascia, Gilardino idea per giugno. Lista partenti: ci sono Isla e Peluso! ‪#‎LiveVS‬

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
    No idea. Don't even know if Man Utd will have any interest in selling.

But sooner or later Man Utd are going to reshape their squad and there are going to be interesting players made available to finance it.

Now would be the time to sell Lichtsteiner if you are keen on recouping most (if not all) of the cash Juve paid for him.

But I see no reason to believe Lichtsteiner doesn't have at least a couple more good seasons in him, so I wouldn't particularly object to Juve giving him a new contract.

I like Lulic. Not going to suggest he is a better player than Asamoah, but he probably is more balanced as a wing back.

I'd also like to see one of Juve's wing backs be comfortable enough as a wide midfielder so that Juve could easily change to a back four.

Your system can easily become:

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

----Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba----Lulic

Tevez

CF​
    Lulic? He is not even Lazio first team. I don't know what it goods about him but if marotta wants him, he can be signed. It won't be 10 mil.

Nainggolan would be super great. He can play in pirlo position as anchor but not dictate the game. It will let pogba and Vidal roam forward. Get us 2 creative players for 3 players forward in 433,4312.4321 and it will be an alternative. Price still an issue though.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Of course Lulic is part of Lazio's first choice XI, all things being equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess. You'd want to reunite him with Cassano here?

:D
    Damn right.

I'd probably go and hire whatever coach had them performing so admirably at Samp as well.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
    I thought you guys would like to get Pazzini.
    He showed great quality for us last season.
    I hope he stays, unless we replace him with a top quality defender or midfielder.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,095
    Of course Lulic is part of Lazio's first choice XI, all things being equal.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn right.

I'd probably go and hire whatever coach had them performing so admirably at Samp as well.
    :anon:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    We're going to spend 18m for Nainggolan and the look at Pazzini and Biabiany? :inter:

If it happens I'll go full B81 mode as well. Prepare for even more embarrassing displays in CL. All those rumors don't make sense so far and I hope those are bs.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Pazzini would actually be good IF we created numerous chances in the box

But... we don't. Not in the 3-5-2 for all of the previous reasons I and many others have mentioned

Pazzini would be good in the right system. Him getting thrown into a 3-5-2 with Biabiany or something? Shit move, very provincial.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,100
    Mark, you think we will se Marrone back? don't know if he is good enough, but we could use some more homegrown players if/when we sell De ceglie + gio
    If he does well this year it's possible but maybe as Bonucci sub. I doubt it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)