Winter mercato thread 2020 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who would pay 70 M for Pjanic?
Real have aging Modric so its the most likely destination and 70m is fair in todays market

- - - Updated - - -

Chelsea make transfer offer of cash plus Olivier Giroud for Moussa Dembele at Lyon as their search for striker goes on (The Sun)
Shitty source but great if true, Lyon lose their best striker one month before playing us, and we definitely avoid Giroud’s purchase.
Dembele is great! Too bad we arent trying for him

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pogba, Eriksen, Fabian Ruiz and Van de Beek are all -reportedly- targeted by Real
Pogba and Eriksen in that specific scenario have been signed by us so only Fabian Ruiz and Van De Beek remain and none of them are Pjanic kind of player.. This is why I have said Real and this is why I said like who...

Also If this scenario happens (it wont but lets assume it is) I can see Real signing both Fabian Ruiz and Pjanic (PSG have Verratti while Barcelona have De Jong)
P.S Man Utd could also be after him.. and I remember he was linked to Barcelona before and we know they dont act rationally on the market...

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
for AM playmakers right now, only 1 I will 100% take over him is De Bruyne, no one else.

I will take Pogba over him too, but Pogba is more of a hybrid, CM with all around skills despite mainly a creative attacking one.
De Bruyne is the best, no one comes close to him.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
IMO neither Pogba nor Eriksen are realistic targets. It's simply because Juve has already too many high earners in its squad and it definitely got out of hand. It's time to downsize for sure. They barely make top 10 when it comes to revenue but have 3rd the biggest wage bill in the business. This is crazy, especially considering the fact the wage bill will grow regardless of whether we sign more players or not. Contract renewals will make the wage bill bigger, for example: Szczęscny is going from 4m to 7m soon; Dybala will go from 7m to 10m most probably.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
IMO neither Pogba nor Eriksen are realistic targets. It's simply because Juve has already too many high earners in its squad and it definitely got out of hand. It's time to downsize for sure. They barely make top 10 when it comes to revenue but have 3rd the biggest wage bill in the business. This is crazy, especially considering the fact the wage bill will grow regardless of whether we sign more players or not. Contract renewals will make the wage bill bigger, for example: Szczęscny is going from 4m to 7m soon; Dybala will go from 7m to 10m most probably.
True, but we also raised 450 million in new capital over the last 3 quarters for “growth”, and are getting two sponsorship step ups. If we can raise enough Plusvalenza through player sales for FFP concerns everything should be fine because cash flow certainly isn’t an issue.

Just to put something into perspective:

Our debt trades at a little over 2%...our cost of new debt is most definitely sub 3%. That is incredibly low. Our debt is somewhere around 300-350MM IIRC...our market cap is 1.6B...our debt to value is like 15-20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2014
And how Eriksen for free in the summer is not realistic?? Juve's wage bill is so big only because of Ronaldo and he brought a lot of revenue, marketing and exposure to our brand and I believe we want to continue on this path and sign big players. Eriken is not big marketing wise but will be great for us and another 10 mil a year salary while we offload some of the bigger earners that dont play much is doable. And I think we will buy another big star in the next few years.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
And how Eriksen for free in the summer is not realistic?? Juve's wage bill is so big only because of Ronaldo and he brought a lot of revenue, marketing and exposure to our brand and I believe we want to continue on this path and sign big players. Eriken is not big marketing wise but will be great for us and another 10 mil a year salary while we offload some of the bigger earners that dont play much is doable. And I think we will buy another big star in the next few years.
It’s not really free though. There are other risks. You will definitely overpay on salary since it will be an all out bidding war, agents will be get paid big as well, and while you save on the transfer fee, the wage you will pay is going to be massive and possibly impossible to move if the player is disappointing. I think Eriksen’s worth it TBH, but juve in general needs to ease up on the free transfers. It works well when you’re in catch up, but we’re caught up. The level to play on juve is very very high now. Signing players like Ramsey just can’t happen anymore.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It’s not really free though. There are other risks. You will definitely overpay on salary since it will be an all out bidding war, agents will be get paid big as well, and while you save on the transfer fee, the wage you will pay is going to be massive and possibly impossible to move if the player is disappointing. I think Eriksen’s worth it TBH, but juve in general needs to ease up on the free transfers. It works well when you’re in catch up, but we’re caught up. The level to play on juve is very very high now. Signing players like Ramsey just can’t happen anymore.

And he will have no resale value.

Apr 19, 2007
I disagree. We are getting Can off the payroll as well as Manzukic just leaving. Khedira going as well just opened a bunch of cap that will cover salary increases as well as at least some of the new big target. Also the tax bill will make the new top earning player cheaper than it looks. Also I think they are trying to work Ronaldos salary to take advantage of this law and if they do it will save us a ton

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I disagree. We are getting Can off the payroll as well as Manzukic just leaving. Khedira going as well just opened a bunch of cap that will cover salary increases as well as at least some of the new big target. Also the tax bill will make the new top earning player cheaper than it looks. Also I think they are trying to work Ronaldos salary to take advantage of this law and if they do it will save us a ton
Where is Khedira going?

Apr 19, 2007
I dont expect him being here next season. I could be wrong but I think we terminate contract mutually. My point is that we are getting wages off our bill right now so there will be some open room. We had some players that werent in our squad getting wages and high ones at that. Mandzukic,Can, and Perin getting his small salary as well. I think Khedira will be next and Maybe Costa if we bring in Eriksen.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont expect him being here next season. I could be wrong but I think we terminate contract mutually. My point is that we are getting wages off our bill right now so there will be some open room. We had some players that werent in our squad getting wages and high ones at that. Mandzukic,Can, and Perin getting his small salary as well. I think Khedira will be next and Maybe Costa if we bring in Eriksen.
That's optimistic, but even if we do mutually terminate it will cost us. He's not gonna leave for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)