Winter mercato thread 2020 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I can't think of many players that went to other teams that I'd like to have here apart from Felix. Who else was available that we missed out on?
ndombélé, rodri, hazard, de jong

not really "missed out" on these players, we were not even in the running for 3 of those, but either of them would have been a great addition

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Will there be a mercato rating fred?

Not impressed by the inability to sell (not all Paratici's fault but too many unwanted players remained), but I'm actually kinda impressed by the wheeling and dealing.

Acc to Transfermarkt, we spent net +13m. Considering GK, defense, midfield, attack all improved (plus usual investments for future like Traore and Romero), well done on that part.

But couldn't spend more and buy one more good player because funds were tied up by bloated team's salary.

- - - Updated - - -

'Ndombele definitely.

Can defend and would've made our midfield balanced without sacrificing technique.

Maybe we did try to sign him (and we were linked), he could've just preferred EPL, but if not, we should've focused on him instead of flirting with 150m Pogba with 15m salary - would've been third mezzala signing.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We didn't have unlimited budget. If you guys wanted Ndombele then qe wouldn't have De Ligt. Consequently, seeing Chiello out, we would have a defence of Rugani and Bonucci.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We didn't have unlimited budget. If you guys wanted Ndombele then qe wouldn't have De Ligt. Consequently, seeing Chiello out, we would have a defence of Rugani and Bonucci.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
what about demiral? (romero is clearly not ready for juve and was only bought because of the sturaro deal anyway.)

i don't mind de ligt, but i didn't expect him to arrive at first place. ndombele, demiral and someone like ruben dias instead of de ligt, demiral and rabiot would have been my preferred choice. i hope rabiot wins me over.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Anyone wonder why we have difficults when it comes to selling players? I don’t have an answer, but I can provide a interesting point of view:

Since we are back, the great management on signing low cost players make us a worldwide reputation: “Juve can turn dust to gold”. Indeed it’s fair, we have bought worldclass players out of nothing: Pirlo, Pogba, Barzagli, Vidal, v..v.. But years gone by, that reputation seems leading to another dangerous one: “Players Juve can’t use must have some problems”. I’m surprised, all my friends, know or don’t know shit about Serie A, saying this. You go on TV and watch people start doubting our sold players. That’s must be ridiculous and baseless claim. But is it? I make a quick search for our sold first team players from 13/14 season till now and may be that claim has some base after all:

- 2013/2014: We sold Matri, Giaccherini, L.Marrone, F.Melo. All are not good for the buyer clubs.

- 2014/2015: Vucinic, Peluso, Quagliarella, Isla: All are average at best (Peluso for Sassuolo), Quagliarella doesn’t contributed much to Torino, and they sold him next season to Samp.

- 2015/2016: Vidal, Coman, Ogbonna, Tevez. Vidal is good, but certainly not the world beater form in our jersey. Coman was progressed well. Ogbonna was average, don’t know about Tevez, but Boca sold him a season after.

- 2016-2017:
+ Pogba --> MU: Our golden boy, record transfer at that time. Since then he was a hit-and-miss for MU and now their fan debate everyday about they are better with him or not.
+ Perreyra ---> Watford: Good but too much injury.
+ Morata -> Real Madrid. Had good season at Real, but fade quickly after that at Chelsea and now Atletico M.
+ Hernandes: Don’t know.

- 2017-2018:
+ Bonucci --> Milan: We all know the story.
+ Zaza, Lemina, Neto, Rincon: Neto and Lemina is decent for Valencia and Southampton, the rest is average.

- 2018-2019:
+ Caldara: Injury for most of season.
+ Sturaro, Higuain, Marchisio, Lichtsteiner: all bad for buyer clubs.
+ Asamoah: Average for Inter.
+ Buffon: Made some errors that cost PSG CL campaign.
+ Benatia: Don’t know but no one care.

- 2019-2020: We sold Cancelo, Spinazzola, Kean. Time will tell those are good transfer or not but so far: Spinazzola is already injuried, Cancelo is benched and already made mistake in his 10 minutes cameo.

So, in 6 years the players we sold which come good for buyer clubs are only Coman, Vidal and may be Morata, Pogba. I’m surprised that’s too few and may be another clubs notice that as well. We have to think twice when give players big salary because it becomes more and more difficult to sell well after that.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Will there be a mercato rating fred?

Not impressed by the inability to sell (not all Paratici's fault but too many unwanted players remained), but I'm actually kinda impressed by the wheeling and dealing.

Acc to Transfermarkt, we spent net +13m. Considering GK, defense, midfield, attack all improved (plus usual investments for future like Traore and Romero), well done on that part.

But couldn't spend more and buy one more good player because funds were tied up by bloated team's salary.

- - - Updated - - -

'Ndombele definitely.

Can defend and would've made our midfield balanced without sacrificing technique.

Maybe we did try to sign him (and we were linked), he could've just preferred EPL, but if not, we should've focused on him instead of flirting with 150m Pogba with 15m salary - would've been third mezzala signing.
According to some reports we asked Lyon for more time sell our deadwood before we make an offer for ndombele but spurs came in payed the asking price and he moved there

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Anyone wonder why we have difficults when it comes to selling players? I don’t have an answer, but I can provide a interesting point of view:

Since we are back, the great management on signing low cost players make us a worldwide reputation: “Juve can turn dust to gold”. Indeed it’s fair, we have bought worldclass players out of nothing: Pirlo, Pogba, Barzagli, Vidal, v..v.. But years gone by, that reputation seems leading to another dangerous one: “Players Juve can’t use must have some problems”. I’m surprised, all my friends, know or don’t know shit about Serie A, saying this. You go on TV and watch people start doubting our sold players. That’s must be ridiculous and baseless claim. But is it? I make a quick search for our sold first team players from 13/14 season till now and may be that claim has some base after all:

- 2013/2014: We sold Matri, Giaccherini, L.Marrone, F.Melo. All are not good for the buyer clubs.

- 2014/2015: Vucinic, Peluso, Quagliarella, Isla: All are average at best (Peluso for Sassuolo), Quagliarella doesn’t contributed much to Torino, and they sold him next season to Samp.

- 2015/2016: Vidal, Coman, Ogbonna, Tevez. Vidal is good, but certainly not the world beater form in our jersey. Coman was progressed well. Ogbonna was average, don’t know about Tevez, but Boca sold him a season after.

- 2016-2017:
+ Pogba --> MU: Our golden boy, record transfer at that time. Since then he was a hit-and-miss for MU and now their fan debate everyday about they are better with him or not.
+ Perreyra ---> Watford: Good but too much injury.
+ Morata -> Real Madrid. Had good season at Real, but fade quickly after that at Chelsea and now Atletico M.
+ Hernandes: Don’t know.

- 2017-2018:
+ Bonucci --> Milan: We all know the story.
+ Zaza, Lemina, Neto, Rincon: Neto and Lemina is decent for Valencia and Southampton, the rest is average.

- 2018-2019:
+ Caldara: Injury for most of season.
+ Sturaro, Higuain, Marchisio, Lichtsteiner: all bad for buyer clubs.
+ Asamoah: Average for Inter.
+ Buffon: Made some errors that cost PSG CL campaign.
+ Benatia: Don’t know but no one care.

- 2019-2020: We sold Cancelo, Spinazzola, Kean. Time will tell those are good transfer or not but so far: Spinazzola is already injuried, Cancelo is benched and already made mistake in his 10 minutes cameo.

So, in 6 years the players we sold which come good for buyer clubs are only Coman, Vidal and may be Morata, Pogba. I’m surprised that’s too few and may be another clubs notice that as well. We have to think twice when give players big salary because it becomes more and more difficult to sell well after that.
I dont find it that surprising. Those who we knew were mediocre or finished we sold for mediocre money or free and they performed at that level at their new clubs. Its reflected in the price.

Its not like anyone expected a world beater when they signed Stururu and Lemina. They knew these are mid table club players and paid that kind of money for them and thats what they got. The only players we got big bucks for are the ones that we knew are or will be top players and didnt mind keeping were it not for good offers namely Pogba and Coman.

I dont see us doing anything different from any other club. The players you really like you keep unless you get a really good offer. Those you can do without and easily replace you can sell at the rate that they'd get and get a cheaper alternative who is just as mediocre through Serie A.

No one in their right mind expects to get the Mandzukic or Khedira from 5 years ago and so no one will pay top money for them. I dont know why people are treating them as if they were like Anelka and can offer absolutely nothing. They cant give their old best week in week out but they can have serious impact at key moments in the season. Conte used Delpiero like that, Fergie did the same with many of his old gaurd. I feel much more confident seeing Mandzukic coming from the bench in a tight game or even starting some games than some unknown or someone who is known to be mediocre and is 27 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)