Winter mercato thread 2020 (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Which midfielders do we have that are actually good enough?

Pjanic yes
Khedira no
Can no
Matuidi no in my opinion
Bentancur I actually like
Ramsey is never fit
Rabiot is unknown as of now. I do think he can reach a good level with proper fitness. He’s already shown some great games at PSG against elite opposition.

We should concentrate first and foremost on ridding ourselves of the two kebabs. If we can send Can to Dortmund and Khedira to China, that would be phenomenal.

We need a Pjanic backup (Tonali) and a proper attacking mid (Eriksen).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
tonali isn't your textbook regista though. he's a pretty good passer, but he's more of a box to box player.

btw pjanic is the least of our problems. we'd need a proper 6 though. we have a couple of them, neither are good enough atm.

i'd obviously keep pjanic as he's our best and most reliable midfielder, matuidi has an other year in his legs/lungs, bentancur has (unfulfilled) potential and would be a bad deal to sell, but the others are a mess. ~4 months into the season and neither of can, ramsey and rabiot can be trusted for whatever reason. 3 freebies on a total of ~19m net, great job.
All the more reason to sign him :agree:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Which midfielders do we have that are actually good enough?

Pjanic yes
Khedira no
Can no
Matuidi no in my opinion
Bentancur I actually like
Ramsey is never fit
Rabiot is unknown as of now. I do think he can reach a good level with proper fitness. He’s already shown some great games at PSG against elite opposition.

We should concentrate first and foremost on ridding ourselves of the two kebabs. If we can send Can to Dortmund and Khedira to China, that would be phenomenal.

We need a Pjanic backup (Tonali) and a proper attacking mid (Eriksen).
Matuidi expiring hopefully!
Pjanic
Bentacur
Ramsey
Rabiot

We'd need at least 2 more since Ramsey is never fit
I personally would ship Rabiot as well and get someone who does the job on lower wages
Zaniolo,Tonali + Pogba and Eriksen (if he doesn't head to Madrid) for free

Zaniolo-Pjanic-Pogba
...........Eriksen

Tonali-Bentancur-Ramsey as backups would be a fappening midfield

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tonali or Eriksen. Must get at least one of them in January if we are gonna be serious about this CL push. Need technical quality for midfield.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Tonali or Eriksen. Must get at least one of them in January if we are gonna be serious about this CL push. Need technical quality for midfield.
Call me a pessimist but I don't think there's a cure for Juve that you can grab in January to make this team capable of winning CL this season.

What we need is actually there. Douglas Costa instead of Berna and we'd look completely different. The thing is DC is never there and the current Bernardeschi is not even half as good as Giaccherini was here. 4312 is a good formation but the AM is crucial here - and this is our biggest weakness right now.

Yeah, I don't think Eriksen is coming. He's Madrid bound just like Pogba.

Tonali to come here next Summer for some stupid ~50m fee. I actually start to think it'd be cool if we swapped Can for Rakitic. Yeah, the latter is old but so much better, it's not even funny. Still, just a stopgap though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you can't compare them Tonali is a kid just started while Eriksen is a pro player since years playing in the highest levels since a while
Tonali would have more of an impact to our midfield than Sami (when healthy), for example. Tonali can play Coppa/Serie and to rotate our better CMs to keep them fit/rested for CL push.

Trust me, if I could get Eriksen here yesterday, I would do it 100%.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
With Barca it's more about Can - Rakitic swap I think. It keeps popping up all the time.

Barca doesn't need Rugani, nor Demiral. I can see one being sold though.
Why does Barca even want Can?

- - - Updated - - -

tonali isn't your textbook regista though. he's a pretty good passer, but he's more of a box to box player.
What would we do without the experd evals of players by s4tch and the facsimiles.

Tell us more about Tonali.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)