Winter Mercato Thread 2018 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Then why did we sell Zidane when he was in his prime? We were the 2nd richest club by then. Another policy is that we do not keep players here against their will. It should be a privilege to play for Juve. Especially since we offer top salaries and ability to fight for every trophy there is.
He wanted to leave and we have a stern don't keep a player against his will policy that has been running for years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is it because we signed no SS and only 1 CM in the summer?

But I guess that is really just testament to the magic of Marotta. He managed to win over even Cronios, a man with an over the top irrational hatred of him

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Looking at summer 18; it doesn't need that much work. Spinazzola & Caldara are certainties while Emre Can is already a big probability.
I'd say start with selling Lichtsteiner, Khedira, Sturaro & Asamoah. Then focus on keeping everyone else and adding 1 FB, 1 CM, 1 goalie.
If anything can be done in the winter mercato already, adding a FB would help.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Emre Can is a depressing possibility. Every time I watch a Liverpool game this season he is meh. He doesn't stand out in a team where the best midfielders are Henderson and Wijnaldum, and doesn't even start every game.

I have a bit of hope since over the summer he looked better for his NT.

If Sergej is impossible and we need a b2b we should go for Cristante over Can. The profile fits better and the first one at least looks good and dynamic.

I guess Can being free is most of whatbhebhas going for him, that's a worrying sign.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Emre Can is a depressing possibility. Every time I watch a Liverpool game this season he is meh. He doesn't stand out in a team where the best midfielders are Henderson and Wijnaldum, and doesn't even start every game.

I have a bit of hope since over the summer he looked better for his NT.

If Sergej is impossible and we need a b2b we should go for Cristante over Can. The profile fits better and the first one at least looks good and dynamic.

I guess Can being free is most of whatbhebhas going for him, that's a worrying sign.
He's an upgrade to Sturaro and can play RB, CM and DM. Sturaro will most likely leave and Can will replace him I guess.

Summer will be huge to get rid of some mediocre players and we'll have an almost all new line-up

Lichtsteiner running out of contract
Asamoah running out of contract and leaving for G'say
Sturaro most likely will be sold
Khedira can leave for all I care
Howedes will return to Schalke
Buffon will retire

Maybe Dybala and Alex Sandro will be sold too.

I think it'll be something like this in 2018/2019:

Sczcesney
MDS - Benatia - Chiellini - Spinazzola
Pjanic - Matuidi
Cuadrado - Bernardeschi - Douglas Costa
Higuain​

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Can is not coming to take a Sturaro role. Sturaro is basically pointless. Can has ambition and plays for his NT. He will have high wages and would be trading an important role at Liverpool for an important role at Juve.

That's the problem.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Can is not coming to take a Sturaro role. Sturaro is basically pointless. Can has ambition and plays for his NT. He will have high wages and would be trading an important role at Liverpool for an important role at Juve.

That's the problem.
Nah, it's no problem at all. If he is good enough, and our management looks like think so, he is gonna play. Not good, sell for 10 mln after a year. win-win situation

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Not a win-win situation. We only have so many spots in our midfield. If we decide to bring Can as an important player and he keeps playing like he is right now he will fail. Sure, he can be sold a year later for profit, but we would be a season stuck with a poor midfielder where we could have strengthened to properly fight for our objectives. Basically another Lemina situation.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Not a win-win situation. We only have so many spots in our midfield. If we decide to bring Can as an important player and he keeps playing like he is right now he will fail. Sure, he can be sold a year later for profit, but we would be a season stuck with a poor midfielder where we could have strengthened to properly fight for our objectives. Basically another Lemina situation.
Isn't it a valid point for any newcomer midfielder? If we bring SMS for 80 mln and he fails it's going to be devastating, right?
I think, the underline narrative is that Beppe and Paratici jump on anything that is free. And I don't see it as a fair assessment. Does Beppe pennypinches? Sure he does, the bastard is a pain in the ass to deal with. Is penny-pinching the primary factor when management evaluates a player? I doubt it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I'm hugely pro beppe, my narrative is not anything about pennypinching or anything against the management. I wouldn't trade our directors for any other in the world.

I didn't say if he comes and fails, like you say, anyone can come and fail. I said if comes and plays as he does now, he will fail. If Sergej comes and play a as he has been doing for 2 years he will succeed.

It's not the highest of risks to gamble on Can since he is free. Is it a gamble worth taking though? Can's highest highs aren't that good and he has been playing at a very average level for a while now at Liverpool.

That's my point. Is it worth allocating a midfield spot to Can? I'm not so sure. I'd rather not buy bench material, we have Bentancur and Marchisio on the bench already and own Mandragora.

- - - Updated - - -

He can improve of course, I hope that every player that comes to Juve becomes great and he would be no exception. It just seems like an uninspiring choice.

If money is not a problem then a Sergej is due. If we want to save money There, then Cristante and Barella are showing a lot more than Can does. That's just locally in Serie A. I'm sure more dedicated watchers of other leagues can find similar players. Like Ceballos last summer for example.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'm hugely pro beppe, my narrative is not anything about pennypinching or anything against the management. I wouldn't trade our directors for any other in the world.

I didn't say if he comes and fails, like you say, anyone can come and fail. I said if comes and plays as he does now, he will fail. If Sergej comes and play a as he has been doing for 2 years he will succeed.

It's not the highest of risks to gamble on Can since he is free. Is it a gamble worth taking though? Can's highest highs aren't that good and he has been playing at a very average level for a while now at Liverpool.

That's my point. Is it worth allocating a midfield spot to Can? I'm not so sure. I'd rather not buy bench material, we have Bentancur and Marchisio on the bench already and own Mandragora.

- - - Updated - - -

He can improve of course, I hope that every player that comes to Juve becomes great and he would be no exception. It just seems like an uninspiring choice.

If money is not a problem then a Sergej is due. If we want to save money There, then Cristante and Barella are showing a lot more than Can does. That's just locally in Serie A. I'm sure more dedicated watchers of other leagues can find similar players. Like Ceballos last summer for example.
So they take part in Champions League games?! Will anyone consider them as part of our lineup?!
I can say Can did play in CL and will probably start or be rotation player but I cant say the same about Cristante and Barella...
The truth is Cristante is just a young player who currently showing some promise and might rise up to be a good player but might flop as well.. There are many players who show promise each year and many of them also flop...
Pasquato was supposed to be one but does anyone know where he is playing now?!
Jonathan Guzman where is he now?!
Do you want something more recent?! Ok where is Ouasim Buoy?!

I wouldnt go crazy about Cristante as he has done nothing yet...
As for Barella - I dont know him but he sounds like a pasta... (I guess you are talking about the Cagliari guy but I havent really watched him..)

SMS would be great but we wont pay 100M for him... unless we are going to sell someone big.. A.Sandro 70M or Dybala 150M..

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Have you actually watched Liverpool or are you saying random things? What does having taken part in CL matter if you still aren't relevant? Sturaro has played in CL, is he good enough to be a relevant player for us? No.

You cite failed youth players like Can isn't potentially one of them. He isn't different than players once hyped and now fading into obscurity.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
He's an upgrade to Sturaro and can play RB, CM and DM. Sturaro will most likely leave and Can will replace him I guess.

Summer will be huge to get rid of some mediocre players and we'll have an almost all new line-up

Lichtsteiner running out of contract
Asamoah running out of contract and leaving for G'say
Sturaro most likely will be sold
Khedira can leave for all I care
Howedes will return to Schalke
Buffon will retire

Maybe Dybala and Alex Sandro will be sold too.

I think it'll be something like this in 2018/2019:

Sczcesney
MDS - Benatia - Chiellini - Spinazzola
Pjanic - Matuidi
Cuadrado - Bernardeschi - Douglas Costa
Higuain​
So we're selling both Alexandro and Dybala while not buying anyone in return. Sounds like a plan :tup:

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

You're not.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Have you actually watched Liverpool or are you saying random things? What does having taken part in CL matter if you still aren't relevant? Sturaro has played in CL, is he good enough to be a relevant player for us? No.
Are you from Napoli, kid?

You cite failed youth players like Can isn't potentially one of them. He isn't different than players once hyped and now fading into obscurity.
Tbh, I saw pool maybe 5-6 times this year, prob the same amount last year and a couple of games with Can in NT. He didn't stand out as Goretzka for example, but he was not terrible at all. Solid player, young, experienced. I say "why no?". Goretzka would be a dream of course for me at least, but he might be a Bayern bound.
And of course we need another player in our starting 11, and he should be better than Can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)