Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Torreira would improve our midfield easily.

I was watching Arsenal-Liverpool yesterday. Torreira marked Liverpool’s attack out of the game. He was tidy in possession and didn’t misplace a pass, and he played plenty of forward passes.
Torreira is Bentancur's level. Neither is ready to walk into our starting midfield, and it's one that doesn't have a WC player.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
What's so special about Allan? He doesn't score nor he assists. He has decent stamina, can tackle and play short passes. Really impressive.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Allan is great. Under Ancelotti, he is averaging 90%+ passing, 5.2 tackles per game, 1.6 interceptions, and 2.1 dribbling per 90, 1.3 key passes, with very strong long ball accuracy. He is also an engine. He isn't overly creative in the opposition third, but can play good balls. He isn't a scorer either, but he still scored 4 goals & 5 assists last year, while only averaging a shot per game. I'd say his ability on the ball, his engine/tenacity, tackling ability, physicality, and above average passing make him a very effective midfield destroyer. His issue is that he isn't as dangerous in the final third.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Allan is great. Under Ancelotti, he is averaging 90%+ passing, 5.2 tackles per game, 1.6 interceptions, and 2.1 dribbling per 90, 1.3 key passes, with very strong long ball accuracy. He is also an engine. He isn't overly creative in the opposition third, but can play good balls. He isn't a scorer either, but he still scored 4 goals & 5 assists last year, while only averaging a shot per game. I'd say his ability on the ball, his engine/tenacity, tackling ability, physicality, and above average passing make him a very effective midfield destroyer. His issue is that he isn't as dangerous in the final third.
Allan isn't some kind of top player but he is a kind we'd need.
We have an awesome attack but we lack balance in the midfield.
Pjanic and Bentancur don't defend that well so we'd need someone like Allan in the mid to cover up for our strikers. Someone who run around for 90mins tackling anyone.

We really need to refresh our midfield this summer.
I don't like Pjanic as a regista. Did he make a good pass for our strikers?
He is a decent passer but not good at defending and neither to give away balls for fast counters for our stikers.
So Next summer we need to revamp our mid and buy at least 2 cbs and someone to replace Sandro if he is stuck on going away.

You may like Bonucci but he has been the reason we conceded so much.
Just look against Cagliari....

watch Bonucci from 3:09 .......... leave me speechless.
To play Bonucci we have to go back playing 3man defense.
I would buy De Ligt and Gayà
Sell Rugani as it's clear we don't believe in the guy.
Salute Barzagli and buy another centre mid.
Try to snatch De Gea for free and salute both Szczney and Perin and bring a experienced second that accept playing little to never.

My couple would be Chiellini-De Ligt and Bonucci-Benatia

For Mid
I'd goodbye Khedira.
pick two between Ndombele,De Jong and Barella.
I'd trade Pjanic for Pogba.
Gimme
Pogba-Ndombele-De Jong
Matuidi-Bentancur-Emre Can

We def need some engine midfielders as Can and Matuidi aren't enough specially given Matuidi age and the kind of job he has to do.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Plus, he's short. Still, I also consider him a useful player but I think Bentancur has the potential to overcome him soon.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Allan is 175 cm which is a completely normal height for a midfielder. There have been so many great midfielders shorter than him (Davids, Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes, Modric, Makelele).

Plus, shorter midfielders like Allan are usually more mobile. We need some mobility in our dead slow midfield.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Allan isn't some kind of top player but he is a kind we'd need.
We have an awesome attack but we lack balance in the midfield.
Pjanic and Bentancur don't defend that well so we'd need someone like Allan in the mid to cover up for our strikers. Someone who run around for 90mins tackling anyone.

We really need to refresh our midfield this summer.
I don't like Pjanic as a regista. Did he make a good pass for our strikers?
He is a decent passer but not good at defending and neither to give away balls for fast counters for our stikers.
So Next summer we need to revamp our mid and buy at least 2 cbs and someone to replace Sandro if he is stuck on going away.

You may like Bonucci but he has been the reason we conceded so much.
Just look against Cagliari....

watch Bonucci from 3:09 .......... leave me speechless.
To play Bonucci we have to go back playing 3man defense.
I would buy De Ligt and Gayà
Sell Rugani as it's clear we don't believe in the guy.
Salute Barzagli and buy another centre mid.
Try to snatch De Gea for free and salute both Szczney and Perin and bring a experienced second that accept playing little to never.

My couple would be Chiellini-De Ligt and Bonucci-Benatia

For Mid
I'd goodbye Khedira.
pick two between Ndombele,De Jong and Barella.
I'd trade Pjanic for Pogba.
Gimme
Pogba-Ndombele-De Jong
Matuidi-Bentancur-Emre Can

We def need some engine midfielders as Can and Matuidi aren't enough specially given Matuidi age and the kind of job he has to do.
Pjanic cant defend - This is true
Bentancur cant defend - I can argue about this - Bentancur isnt a great attacker and isnt a great defender - I`d say he is somewhere in between

as for your transfer plan - De Ligt is definitely a great purchase while Gaya dont make sense if we dont sell A.Sandro
The GK thing - Even if we do get De Gea - We will definitely use the backup GK and not in a little to never portion but more for low profile Serie A games + Coppa Italia and even CL games against the weak club in the group
The season is long and he can have his game time - The backup GK role has changed over the years..

I just love how people are jumping on the Ndombele train while most of us didnt really watch him play
De Jong - Is he that good - Didnt see much of him (I did but didnt notice him too much as I was focused on De Ligt)
Pjanic for Pogba - That would be a great deal even if we all like Pjanic and value his contribution - Pogba is on a different level IMO
The trio in midfield for next season Pjanic Pogba Matuidi would be great

One thing I`d like to point out is Kante
Kante isnt the best passer and he has some faults in his game but he could be a long term engine for our midfield so he is worth a look

- - - Updated - - -

Allan is 175 cm which is a completely normal height for a midfielder. There have been so many great midfielders shorter than him (Davids, Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes, Modric, Makelele).

Plus, shorter midfielders like Allan are usually more mobile. We need some mobility in our dead slow midfield.
Dont knwo what they are complaining about.. I`d happily take Allan who would definitely start for us..

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Better both than only one of them but if we need to choose one wouldnt you take Pogba?!
Honestly, I don’t know.

Pogba and Pjanic are a fairly similar level.

I really don’t rate Pogba as highly as you do. For example, I think that De Bruyne is clearly better than him. I also rate Eriksen at least on par with Pogba.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Honestly, I don’t know.

Pogba and Pjanic are a fairly similar level.

I really don’t rate Pogba as highly as you do. For example, I think that De Bruyne is clearly better than him. I also rate Eriksen at least on par with Pogba.
De Bruyne is a far more attacking minded player so I dont think its fair comparing them
Eriksen is definitely not on par with Pogba but he is a very smart player something Pogba is not..
Pjanic is a good organizer but we play different now than before and I think Pogba would suit our style way better

Also I dont know what happened to A.Sandro.. Defensively he is still good but he barely does something good attacking minded move or provide a great cross
He used to be very good at it and now its like a totally different player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)