Will our lack of depth haunt us in the future? (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well thats a very interesting topic. Ppl get a little scared and say that last year we had a good start to the season and by mid season we were screwed really bad by injuries and lack of form.

I think that this season is different , cuz capello gave the team a different mentality. You see the smart thing he did and still doing is that he is giving the whole team the confidence that they are a big,tough team that is hard to beat.

I played for a team(its not a team like juve , its just a local team) and when we were winning the subs were soo confident that they are a good team although the starters were injured.

Now you see what capello did with the mentalitly of the players and everyone agrees that team morale is the most important thing , and morale is upp.

I know that appiah and tacchi are not the same as blasi and emerson and montero and tudor are not the same as thuram and cana, and olivera and kapo are not the same as camo and neddy. But i think the subs can produce , even if not from the begining matches they start in.

Am sure that capello will start getting the subs in but not just right now.We will have to just a little while.

And about NEDDY i don't think he has the same influence as he had two seasons ago and even last season. Two seasons ago we couldn't play without him but now, he still is an influential player but not the same as before. And that is becuz, the new players(emerson,blasi, zlatan), and i think that is what capello worked on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The guys are definitely confident again which is certainly a good thing following last season's defensive disaster, but we still lack depth in some areas.

We now have Olivera and Kapo to aid Nedved and having seen Ruben I know that he is capable, but Nedved still makes this team tick. The back four is without a doubt a crucial component, but I can't see us scoring alot if Neddy isn't in the side. We can rely on Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic and Del Piero upfront, but support to them is limited even with Pavel.

Aug 26, 2003
IMO we have a great squad, and i can live with that that we have young players like Kapo and Olivera on the bench, surely they can't replace Nedved (one of the world best players)! But look at other teams also teams like Inter or Milan are weaker when they are without Adriano or Sheva for example!!!

so lets hope for the best and we will be doing fine!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
True. A Nedved-less Juve is probably better than an Adriano-less Inter or a Shevchenko-less Milan.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ofcourse , a neddy-less juve is far more better this sseason and better than milan and inter without sheva and adriano.

Capello is inserting kapo a little more and i think that he will get some playing time in the roma game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)