Will Juve win the Champions league 2003-2004? (1 Viewer)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
I’m sure that all of you here know the answer to that question; there is absolutely nothing to stop us from being the best in Europe and the world, except for maybe bad luck.

Exactly!!:cool:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i am very anxious about next year....

i don't know why........

and the thing i don't like with our white shorts is that we'll be looking dirty all the time.....:down:

irrelevant,
but i just had to tell it..

Sep 28, 2002
yeah, maybe that match against real overshadows some poor season in champions league. we really sucked. the only team besides barca we managed to beat away is dynamo kiev. that is not a rate of a great team. what bad luck? in penalties. that is not a bad luck, something was wrong with mentality. milan can call penalties bad luck because they deserved to win in 90 mins. we were lucky to go to penalties, and we were lucky that that buffon saved, in contrary to dida, 2 pens, we were lucky that figo took maybe the worst penalty of his life, we were lucky that luis enrique missed that great chance in quarters. we were lucky to reach the final!!! i can not say we were lucky to get of hroup cause if tudor haven't score agains depo then the draw against basel would have been enough.
yes, we have squad that is able to conquer europe once again. with great additions to it we are much stonger than last year. maresca, miccolli, legrotagglie - young players with anger and hunger to taste the victory in europe and could be one of main decisive factors. milan, man u, arsenal, inter, bayern, real have great teams, but our is great nonetheless. we can win, and this year it will be the battle of mentality and luck, not of class. all teams mentioned are classy, so players' ability won't edcide much. i hope lippi and the loss in final gave our players something to think anout and they will understand that they are a great team, and maybe they'll gain that winning mentality we lacked in europe in recent years.
juve can and juve will win the uefa champions league. or i'm not Vilhelmas "Fliakis" Volodkevicius!

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
Real Madrid can tell you that they have Morientes as a bench-warmer, and the likes of Macca and Solari sitting on the bench . Beckham, Figo, Zidane... what a midfield.
give them baiocco and fresi, they won't be any weaker.. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lilianna ] ++
i am very anxious about next year....

i don't know why........

and the thing i don't like with our white shorts is that we'll be looking dirty all the time.....:down:

irrelevant,
but i just had to tell it..
:LOL:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fliakis you`r eonly looking at the luck that was in our favour. We also had bad luck, and without a combination of good luck and quality, you don`t achieve anything.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Fliakis you`r eonly looking at the luck that was in our favour. We also had bad luck, and without a combination of good luck and quality, you don`t achieve anything.
i know. i just dont like people to think that juve played the best football this year and we were unlucky not to win it. of course we had bad luck, every team has bad luck. anyway, the point of my post is supposed to be european mentality, which you have to admid we lacked.

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
You have to make it past the group stages first. Frankly, I don't know how you pulled it off last time. It was only a Figo missed penalty that got you there in the first place.

And yes, "Think Tank" is bloody brilliant.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Haaaiiii :)

There are a few intersing team inclusions and exclusions in this coming season eg, + Sociedad, + Chelsea, + Lazio..... - Valencia, - Roma <------- (for Al Harbi) ;) :) etc....

what do you think will be the effect of these teams on our chances?

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
Haaaiiii :)

There are a few intersing team inclusions and exclusions in this coming season eg, + Sociedad, + Chelsea, + Lazio..... - Valencia, - Roma etc....

what do you think will be the effect of these teams on our chances?
they all gonna be knocked-out from the group stage... :groan:

BTW, Roma will not be in the CL next season.. :confused:

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
Roma might dominate in the Scudetto without any champions league commitments....look at their side.....

Anyway answering the question i reckon Juventus Should be able to push for the Champions league.

What Lippi did with the fairly average side Juve had last year was amazing, should he do it again wif the inclusion of Maresca, Miccolli, appiah, Legro etc Juve as a team unit look alot stronger than some of the "big name" sides like Real, AC, manu etc.

Naturally injuries/suspensions will play a part in determining the outcome of the CL....ala. Nedved not been in the finals

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Lippi seems determined this year to win the champions league and if Lippi puts his mind to it he can achieve anything. Juve will start the CL on a high this year knowing that they can go the extra mile after reaching the finals last year..... beyond all odds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)