Why is Juve called "The old lady"? (1 Viewer)

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
Just something I have always been wondering about. I'm studying Latin in school, and as far as I know Juventus (In danish) means: The young or something like that. And that it was a title given to brave soldiers back when Julius Caesar was running things in Italy, and half of Europe. So how did they get this nick name? And do people call Them The old lady in other places, besides Denmark?

(Just tell me if this thread has allready been posted, and i'll delete it)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dhaliwich

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Okay thanks. I'll remove it in a bit. But don't you think it's a bit of an uncool name for a club like Juventus?

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    You don't have to remove it ;)

I don't think it's uncool. The name is quite respectful IMO as old usually is associated with wisdom, experience ... all that Juve is/has.

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

OP
    Dhaliwich

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Thanks.
    I tried to join some forum at Juventus.com, but it never really worked, but the I came across this wonderfull site.

And maybe you're right about the name, it does have something special to it. it's just a bit ironic geving what Juventus really means.

OP
    Dhaliwich

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    No, I guess when you come to think about it, the old lady does reprecent Juve the best. It reprecents wisdom and experience.

But if you look at a club like Arsenal, their nickname "The Gunners" does seem more logical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)