Why Is Del Piero Called Pinturrichio? (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thats what Agnelli called him in an interview when asked about Alex's bad play and if he'd ever return to his former form. Godot is a character in a Samuel Beckett play "Waiting for Godot", who is expected, but may never come, and actually never appears in the play, but the waiting for him is the base of all the other characters actions.

Waiting for Godot

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Pinturicchio was a famous italian painter who's master and teacher was Caravaggio. And since Agnelli named Baggio Caravaggio it was only right to name DP Pinturicchio :D :)
Yes this is the right version; but Baggio nick given by the Avvocato was "Raffaello" not Caravaggio. During an interview Agnelli was asked, if Baggio is Raffaello who DP could be, and he answered he schould be "Pinturicchio", so all the media took this nickname.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Well, I think he's called Pinturicchio because his touches are very delicate and precise. "Artistic" is the perfect word to describe Alex's movement on the pitch. Simply magical!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
read my previous posts for real story behind it. ;)
Oh no! It has nothing to do with Pinocchio... it is really 4 the Gianni Agnelli interview I talked, I swear :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)