Who would you pick? (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
http://www.avfcblog.com/content/view/1585/70/

Gabriel Agbonlahor has been included in Nigeria’s provisional squad for their African Nations Cup qualifier with Uganda later this month although the player isn't, or wasn't aware of it.

It got me to thinking about who I'd pick if I were in his position as he's got the option of Scotland also. Look what happened to Lee Hendrie after a promising start to his career; one game for England and his international career was over.

If Hendrie could have picked Scotland over England I reckon he would have had a few more international caps and I think if Gabby picks either Scotland or Nigeria he'll probably get more also.

Back in October Peter Taylor was full of praise for Gabby and was aware of his situation, when he made his debut for the U21's.

"This cap won't tie him to England under the change of rules so Nigeria could take him. The lad is a great talent.

"The only danger might be that when he has finished with the Under-21s, if he is not picked straight away then he may be tempted to play for Nigeria. I recommend for the senior team to pick him as soon as possible so then he will be committed."

It's a tough call for young Gabby and he's going to talk to his dad about it. I'm sure they'll talk at length and when they make a decision I'm sure it will be the right one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hope he doesn't pick Scotland cos I only like real Scots ie born in Scotland or of Scottish parents, to play for us.

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Danny Shittu doesn't figure on anyone's radar back home...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    he is a great player, but how does he have the option to play for Scotland?what relation of his is Scottish!?!?

Hope he doesn't pick Scotland cos I only like real Scots ie born in Scotland or of Scottish parents, to play for us.
    i agree with you, i only like true scots to play for the country, but we already have Quashie, Murty, Alexander etc so why not Gabby?he is a real good player so probs wouldnt say no!

but will never happen IMO!!!

Nigeria go and get him, any player taken away from England gets my thumbs up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)