What is this team really missing? (1 Viewer)

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
from these couple of matches we played, it clear that we have a great attack, good midfield. we can cover any player missing in any game. even our subbs can change the game in these two lines. but our defence looks horrible, none of them really prove to be worth of mentioning. we didn't face a really strong attack yet.
i remember that happened also in some sort of way during lippi's first stint at Juve, afterwhich we conceded 4 against parma if u all can remember. when Ancelloti first came he changed the tactic to 3-4-1-2 and in two seasons we had the best defence in Serie A and maybe in the world.
so how about doing so atleast until January. a partner of Boumsong/kovac/Gianni may work ?
what do u think guys?

-----------------------Buffon
------------Boumsong-----kovac-----Gianni
---------------- Paro----Zanetti
---Camo----------------------------------------Chilleini
--------------------Nedved
-------------Dp-------------Trez

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We dont need any drastic solutions and buy big in January, when Legro,Zebi and Tudor will be available we will be ok

save those cash and buy decent players as a serie A team at summer!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we wont get better defensively if we play 3 at the back. we dont have good enough defenders to do so. Tudor and Legro are not the players they once were...injury prone and lets face it, not exactly world beaters by any means. Same could be said for Zebina, he really isnt that great, even in serie B.

I think if we stick to the 4 flat at the back and possibly look at a centre back for this january, we shuld be ok. We havent got the best pairing in defence but we dont conceed many goals either. I think in Serie B we can get away with it.

However, come next season if we were to play in Serie A, we really need to spend the cash on the defence. The full back positions are covered but the central otions need fixing. Unless Ferrara somehow spends 2 months with Boumsong and teaches him how to defend, then we need to splash some cash. Barzagli would be good, but we also need an experienced defender.

as for the attack, we dont need anyone..midfield is fine, maybe just one more central midfielder such as mascherano...wings are fine with camo, marchionni and neddy.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
its almost a new team so they just need TIME to understand each other and build a good realtionship on/off the pitch

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
this club needs 1 more solid defender that can solidify our back, a player that our younger backs can learn and feed off of. we dont need big name high price players or colossal moves to make this happen. overall i believe that our squad is cold-blooded in every sense, we are contenders in any league if you look at the coaching and talent level. lets not look at what players our club needs but what our club needs from its players.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Juve doesn't need to do anything for serie b. Their getting the 3 points, and all the opposition chances r results of stupid mistakes. Kovac, and especially Boumsong, lose their concentration periodically. Its a new partnership, still understanding each other. Who knows if they can even speak to each other lol.

I dont c the point of any January transfers either, unless an injury crisis hits the team, but even then, Juve have a depth of youngsters who should be given a chance. Big tranfers will only be made in January if promotion is looking for certain, so that the new players will be better accustomed to the team once september hits.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i really dont think that playing more together is going to help the problem with our central defence. kovac is a solid defender, but he isnt anything more than that and at his age he is declining. Boumsong can play 1 good game but isnt consistent. At the end of the day, they are not a compatable pairing. understanding is one thing but not being capable is another.

DD needs to try piccolo, tudor and legro to see how they go...chiellini was used in the pre-season as a centre back as well. we also have giannichedda who could be used as an option.

kovac
boumsong
tudor
legro
piccolo
chiellini
giannichedda

all options for two spots, DD needs to find the right mix.

Geof

May 14, 2004
When wast the last time we conceded?

We haven't got money to spend on defence, really.
Kovac, Boumsong, Tudor, Legro is a more than solid center backline for serie B. In fact, we wouldn't need four DC's like them.

We're doing fine. If we can keep it up, we'll promote without problems and without counting on penalty reduction.

Let's safe the cash for next year. Then we'll need to strengthen that team to reach a decent place.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i dont think that we need to change formations, especially because we effective on the offensive side and also in defense there isnt any structual problems only individual ones.

First of all we need to find stability in the backline.A stable formation with the most balanced combination. IMO it should be
zebina---------kovac-----------boumsong----------Chiellini

zebina would provide some pace over on kovac's side and believe it or not i think we need him there cuz we dont have a decent defensive RB atm.

Balza would be used in rotation with the two full backs, and would be used in game where we need a bit more quality in the runs and crosses.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
this team isnt missing anything. what 6 wins in a row isnt good enough? and by my calculation the last 5 games have been clean sheets.

Sep 14, 2003
I don't really want to complain because all I care about is 3 points, yet the chances 'gifted' to the opposition in the last 2 games is a little worrying. Luckly, most teams at this level do not have decent goalscorers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)