Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
to the Yanks

whats the rule for the DH in baseball? sometimes he's there, sometimes he isn't...Whats with that?
Well, let me try to see how to explain it. Major League Baseball is divided into two leagues. The National League and the American League. In the National League, all nine players in the field have to bat, including the pitchers. But the American League for some reason doesn't believe in "the purity of the game", so they have this thing called the Designated Hitter. Instead of the pitcher having to bat, he gets to take break every inning and some washed or over weight guy gets to hit in his place. All the DH does is bat. There has been a huge debate over the DH in baseball for a while and I am against it (DH).

In the upcoming world series I think they use a DH when the AL team is at home and no DH when the NL team is at home.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
thats why the AL wins more? Yankees are AL?
Recently the AL has won more. I don't think it has much to do with the DH. It's more of a money issue and the talent of the teams that reach the series.

In the last 5 or 6 years the teams from the AL that have reached the Series have had way more spending power and talent then the NL squads.

This is mostly due to teams like the Dodgers, Cubs, and Mets (who have the biggest budgets in the NL) choking while the big AL teams, Boston mainly, have been able to avoid the upset until this season.

It will be neat to see how the Phillies handle the Rays. They have a guy in Ryan Howard who could use the rest and be successful in the DH position. The Rays are the feel good story of the year. So even though they should be the underdogs, they are entering the Series with a lot of support. It should be interesting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Rays probably have the best youth in the league.

Don't feel bad for the Red Sox. They don't deserve it. They've won the Series twice in the last 4 years.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Dudeeee how you been?

Playing on xbox live.
Hey :) long time no see/hear/argue ;)

The Rays probably have the best youth in the league.

Don't feel bad for the Red Sox. They don't deserve it. They've won the Series twice in the last 4 years.
yea but b4 they were great to watch...they had Manny Ramirez and Johnny(?) Damon...cool guys to watch...but baseball is still so fuckin' BORING...gimme NBA or NFL anyday

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Boston was cool before they broke "the curse". Now they are just the Yankees in Red uniforms.
hmm yea I see what you mean...the commentators were saying that Boston had a payroll of 200 Millon Dollars, compared to 40 Mil. for the Rays...and I don't know shit about most MLB players, but they still weren't any big names in it, except Coco Crisp :rofl:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Undoubtedly. Can you imagine someone collecting terabytes of random junk for months, then he comes into the office one day, rubs his hands "alright, let's get started :weee: ".

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10,018
    Boston was cool before they broke "the curse". Now they are just the Yankees in Red uniforms.
    :lol:
    Undoubtedly. Can you imagine someone collecting terabytes of random junk for months, then he comes into the office one day, rubs his hands "alright, let's get started :weee: ".
    You going to take that shit from him? That "Marty" shit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 587)