Weston “Immovable” McKennie (29 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he's kind of got crazy similarities with vidal in his first season.

plays a box to box cm who likes to run into space. constantlyfighting for the ball. full of energy and life. came from a german club for a cheap fee. came from a continent with that ends with the word america. both had facial hair. both had a cool hair cut (vidal looked presentable in his first season here)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Sadly he doesn't have the passing or finishing ability of Vidal. Seems like a beast in the air though
give it time, he’ll get there.

Vidal did have a mean long range sniper tho, I’d like to see McKennie cunt it from mid sometimes.
in 17 games he has 3 goals and 2 assits. not bad for a player who's not even a starter till about a month ago.

in regards to his shooting, i agree he isn't as good, but there is 2 reasons for that. morata and ronaldo superior finishing and off ball moment means less need for mids to get into goal positions.

second reason is ronaldo and morata superior positioning yet again. vidal was getting into good goal scoring positions cuz quag, vucinic, giovinco, matri were shit at scoring goals. mckennie doesn't have to get into same positions since he needs to focus more on being all action mid

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm not saying Weston can't get a passing grade in these areas just that prime Vidal was on a level I don't believe Weston will reach. It was underrated because everyone focused on his hustling and tackling but Vidal showed impressive technical ability here imo

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yeah, vidal was a monster player. did the work of 2 midfielders.

a more fair comparison would be saying mckennie for juventus is a better version of matuidi for juventus. full of energy and getting into dangerous positions, but better ball control.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I'm not saying Weston can't get a passing grade in these areas just that prime Vidal was on a level I don't believe Weston will reach. It was underrated because everyone focused on his hustling and tackling but Vidal showed impressive technical ability here imo
Vidal imo is Juve’s GOAT midfielder and if Weston becomes half the player Vidal was, we’d have a WC player in our hands!

Durden

May 11, 2006
He is also very strong and has almost this Lichtsteiner attitude on the field. I particularly noticed it when he put the Milan rb to the ground in a duel. We really need that, to many pussies in our team.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
And yeah, Vidal was not nearly as passing savant some tuzzers make him. Go open the old Vidal thread, Arthuro was notorious to fuck up the simplest passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)