Weston “Immovable” McKennie (24 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I am interested to see him, though, with two midfielders who can play the ball and him having strictly defensive duties, to chase everyone and win possession.
Signing him for Juventus and then giving him playmaking duties is simply too much from Pirlo. I blame him much more than McKennie.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Keep in mind, guys, that if Pirlo wants someone to pressure the ball at all times, he's going to play more than you want him to. Obviously he needs to improve his touch and passing, but it seems like Pirlo wants him to press, which is why he was caught out of position at times. Rabiot and Ramsey made more critical errors that caused the goals tonight.

Bentancur would still be my first choice in midfield, even though Rabiot has more experience.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Doesn’t really struck me as the type of player to excel in a double pivot role as he lacks positional awareness and isn’t a good passer at all for that role. His best trait is his running (lol) atleast play him as a classic B2B then...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Doesn’t really struck me as the type of player to excel in a double pivot role as he lacks positional awareness and isn’t a good passer at all for that role. His best trait is his running (lol) atleast play him as a classic B2B then...
Totally agree, I was about to post this.

If Pirlo wants him to be that bully who presses all the time, he needs to deploy 3 mids with a DM covering the defense, otherwise we're way too exposed if pressing fails.

Jun 16, 2020
I’ll also defend our quarterback. The wings didn’t help, we didn’t find any space for our AM, so Rabiot and him had to come with a lot of creativity while Roma was pressing good, especially in the first half. Made him look like he was lost a bit. Certain basic things went wrong, such as the possibility of Morata to drop back and create a passing line, made him isolated in the center. Still learning a lot, but I rather have him making these mistakes than Khedira.

Jul 20, 2012

If Pirlo wants him to be that bully who presses all the time, he needs to deploy 3 mids with a DM covering the defense, otherwise we're way too exposed if pressing fails.
Exactly how the hell is the midfield supposed press as two as one without leaving holes. It's still early but I don't think the double pivot will stay I think we will move back to 3 in the middle

- - - Updated - - -

Seems too apologistic. He didn't step up neither did Rabiot, while Arthur and Bentancur did. On to the next game, he can improve.
Arthur and Bentancur for sure improved the game but I feel like Rabiot was great. I felt the red coming and pirlo should of made the subs earlier

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Exactly how the hell is the midfield supposed press as two as one without leaving holes. It's still early but I don't think the double pivot will stay I think we will move back to 3 in the middle

- - - Updated - - -

Arthur and Bentancur for sure improved the game but I feel like Rabiot was great. I felt the red coming and pirlo should of made the subs earlier
I do see a double pivot of Arthur - Bentancur work though with Ramsey as the AM

Jun 16, 2020

Usually teams press in the opponents half. When at our half well go to our defensive shape.

When we had the ball, other things went wrong and it left our CM’s exposed. Maybe Arthur and Benta will provide better solutions, but I don’t really blame McKennie and Rabiot for this.

Jun 6, 2015
I do see a double pivot of Arthur - Bentancur work though with Ramsey as the AM
I think it depends on who we play as forwards. Neither Ronaldo or Dybala are known for their defensive work or pressing ability so there needs to be enough legs in the midfield. Bentancur is defensively solid and doesn't need babysitting, but Arthur looked a bit slow today. Perhaps that changes when he is fully fit.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Today Pirlo along with all of us, learned the limitations of Mckennie

Lets not be lying sons of bitches

After the first game, no one, absolutely no one, would have though he wasnt able to do this

THIS, happened because its a new coach without preseason friendlies, with a young new player, that he's discovering

Mckennie is a big talent. Game 1 showed his talent, game 2 showed his limitations. Move on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)