Weston “Immovable” McKennie (28 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This thread is wild :rofl:

I thought the opposite tbh, which is why we got him for the price that we did. For nationalities adding to price, I would say Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France, Spain, and England would fall into that category. Maybe Germany as well?
Mckennie was an American playing for Schalke hence he ended up costing €25M.

Now Mckennie is an American playing for one of the more popular clubs in the world alongside arguably the most popular player in football and has almost cemented his place in the starting XI. Ofcourse his market value is going to increase.

But if we were to believe that his market value is worth €60-€70M based on his footballing ability alone, then we're literally taking the piss here.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Mckennie was an American playing for Schalke hence he ended up costing €25M.

Now Mckennie is an American playing for one of the more popular clubs in the world alongside arguably the most popular player in football and has almost cemented his place in the starting XI. Ofcourse his market value is going to increase.

But if we were to believe that his market value is worth €60-€70M based on his footballing ability alone, then we're literally taking the piss here.
Looking at the valuations scrolling at the top of the site, they seem to overvalue quite a few players
https://football-observatory.com/

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
According to that same thing called CIES, there is some player called Bukayo Saka who's worth between 120-150 M Euro.
I admit that I don't watch football outside serie A and CL, and I haven't seen this player. But I haven't even heard about him. The fuck?

P.S: Wait, is that CIES thing a joke? Rashford is worth between 150-200M, Alexander-Arnold between 150-200M

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Difference like night and day when he doesn't start
Classic misuse of stats.

For example, they are recording a win when he started against Siena, while the result was 0:0 until he was one and we scored and won 3:0 immediately after he was replaced. They are recording a draw when he didn't start against Verona, while we were leading before he came on. They are recording a draw against Lazio, while we were leading before he came on. They are recording a draw against Roma, while we were losing until he was on and managed to get a draw once he went off.
A more, but still not a completely fair way would be to count the results only while he was on the pitch, and compare them to the results when he wasn't on the pitch.
That would give: 11 wins - 6 draws - 4 defeats with McKennie on the pitch vs 11 wins - 4 draws - 4 defeats without him on the pitch. Same shit.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
This thread is wild :rofl:

I thought the opposite tbh, which is why we got him for the price that we did. For nationalities adding to price, I would say Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France, Spain, and England would fall into that category. Maybe Germany as well?
He was expensive relative to his skill and reputation. Being a US player definitely adds to the price.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Classic misuse of stats.

For example, they are recording a win when he started against Siena, while the result was 0:0 until he was one and we scored and won 3:0 immediately after he was replaced. They are recording a draw when he didn't start against Verona, while we were leading before he came on. They are recording a draw against Lazio, while we were leading before he came on. They are recording a draw against Roma, while we were losing until he was on and managed to get a draw once he went off.
A more, but still not a completely fair way would be to count the results only while he was on the pitch, and compare them to the results when he wasn't on the pitch.
That would give: 11 wins - 6 draws - 4 defeats with McKennie on the pitch vs 11 wins - 4 draws - 4 defeats without him on the pitch. Same shit.
BR is american. Dont be surprised that they're misusing stats to hype up their boy

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
According to that same thing called CIES, there is some player called Bukayo Saka who's worth between 120-150 M Euro.
I admit that I don't watch football outside serie A and CL, and I haven't seen this player. But I haven't even heard about him. The fuck?

P.S: Wait, is that CIES thing a joke? Rashford is worth between 150-200M, Alexander-Arnold between 150-200M
Saka is a really good young player, but I don't know where they get these joke valuations from.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:lol:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Hes a good player. Him, Arthur and Ben should be starters among current bunch. Several years ago, he wouldnt have a shot at starting place though. He isnt top class, doubt he can reach that level since his technique often lets him down, but hes very energetic mid, likes to play between the lines, has good instincts, an ok decision making.. We will see how he developes.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Classic misuse of stats.

lol, says the guy who cherry picked stats to make Bentancur look like our best midfielder.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
lol, says the guy who cherry picked stats to make Bentancur look like our best midfielder.
I didn't cherry-pick anything. Feel free to add the stats I didn't use which are relevant for a midfielder.
I used: average number of passes per 90 minutes, passing %, distance covered, assists, goals, tackles, interceptions, crosses, blocks, dribblings. How is that cherry-picking? Which other stats are relevant for a midfielder? Won aerials; how many times per game is the midfielder dispossessed; key passes per game; bad control of the ball per match?

I didn't think they are so relevant, but ok, here they are:

Won aerials:
Rabiot and McKennie 1.1
Bentancur 1
Ramsey 0.5
Arthur 0.2

Dispossessed per match:
Ramsey, Rabiot and Arthur 0.4
Bentancur 0.5
McKennie 0.6

Key passes per match:
Ramsey 1.6
McKennie 1.1
Arthur 0.9
Bentancur 0.8
Rabiot 0.4

Bad control of the ball per match:
Arthur 0.8
Bentancur 1
Rabiot 1.2
McKennie 1.3
Ramsey 1.5

So if you think Juventus will pay too much for McKennie based on the agreed upon option, what do you brilliant statisticians think is a fair price?
It's the market that sets the price.
I don't think we're overpaying for McKennie. 4.5m for the loan, 18.5m to buy him and additional 7m upon achievement of further sportive performance objectives. That's a minimum of 23m euro and a maximum of 30m euro. Sounds fair. I don't expect him to become a world-beater and the prices might fall due to Covid-19, so we might not make a nice profit if we sell him eventually, but I don't think we'll lose money if we decide to let him go in the future. I see the ~30m euro as a fair price.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)