Weston “Immovable” McKennie (19 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He was hitting some really good long passes today though. Easily the best I've seen from him in a long time.
one really good pass before the goal, that was one for his career highlights indeed

otherwise his game in numbers, leaving my subjective evaluation out:
29 accurate passes (78% accuracy, well below his brilliant schalke days :hihi: )
1/5 duels won against iran of all teams
0 shots
0/1 successful dribbles
0 tackles
0 interceptions

i get that you're hyping him, i'd probably did the same if we had szoboszlai, but we probably have different standards for a good display :boh:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
one really good pass before the goal, that was one for his career highlights indeed

otherwise his game in numbers, leaving my subjective evaluation out:
29 accurate passes (78% accuracy, well below his brilliant schalke days :hihi: )
1/5 duels won against iran of all teams
0 shots
0/1 successful dribbles
0 tackles
0 interceptions

i get that you're hyping him, i'd probably did the same if we had szoboszlai, but we probably have different standards for a good display :boh:
Can't believe you guys think I'm serious about the Veron stuff. :lol:

But now that you bring up the stats, they do kinda look Veron-esque. :think:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It's honestly a shame that this guy is good enough to be a starter elsewhere. I love him and he seems like a rare (atm) positive influence on our dressing room, but he's not good enough to start for us long term (presuming that we have designs on becoming a powerhouse again) but too good to sit on our bench, which means he'll leave probably soon.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He was decent today. ;)
Yes the best you can say from McKennie's performance as a whole but made the GREAT long pass for the deciding goal (only one) of the match. Shortly after made another pass resembling previous one but nothing came of it. US manager seems to know him better than Max. Still not at 100% so manager has been wise with planned subbing him out for all three matches. Immediately taken out against Iran after not getting back in defense position that could have cost the US.

Definitely was better against England and Wales but with all the not knowing positioning on the field from the harsh critics here no goals have been allowed while Wes played. See how much energy he has Saturday and for that part the team as a whole. US looked exhausted near the end when Iran almost tied it.

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
Yes the best you can say from McKennie's performance as a whole but made the GREAT long pass for the deciding goal (only one) of the match. Shortly after made another pass resembling previous one but nothing came of it. US manager seems to know him better than Max. Still not at 100% so manager has been wise with planned subbing him out for all three matches. Immediately taken out against Iran after not getting back in defense position that could have cost the US.

Definitely was better against England and Wales but with all the not knowing positioning on the field from the harsh critics here no goals have been allowed while Wes played. See how much energy he has Saturday and for that part the team as a whole. US looked exhausted near the end when Iran almost tied it.
no matter how great he is , I wouldnt put him before Fagioli and Miretti ... this coach defiantly knows that he is good for 60 minutes ,then you need to sub him off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 13)