Weston “Immovable” McKennie (25 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fans: Message from the fans? Leave Juventus and you'll get 100% support out of us.
If it makes you feel any better, if I could choose one American player to have here it would probably be Weston. Pulisic is more talented but he could fail here, while Reyna and Adams are obviously less tested. We don’t have a player like him so I hope people at least give him a chance considering it’s relatively low risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Because both (even Berna at Fiorentina) showed much more than Mckennie, so yes, it is alot.

Schalke fans just like the rest of the league wonder what we want with him and'll gladly take the €25m. The biggest fear they have is whether or not it is just an option or an obligation.

Besides that - Schalke are shit. So even if their fans were rating him, it doesn't say much/means he's good enough for us.

Nothing against him, young, hardworking midfielder. But rather strange signing for a club of our size.
Maybe Schalke fans would say that, but this side has a bunch of lackadaisical, totally past it players like Khedira and Bonucci, so it will be nice to have someone a bit different with more drive in the team. Some of these players look like they couldn’t care less being on the pitch.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The thing with defensive midfielders is that the system plays a big role in making them look good or bad.

Casemiro was loaned for Porto at an older age than McKennie is now and he looked average there. Then he returned to Real Madrid and won the threepeat.

It’s very different from say goalkeepers. A quality goalie looks good no matter what team he plays for. Holding midfielders can look great or bad depending on the players surrounding him.

I have not seen him play much, but from what I have heard his best qualities are athleticism and aggression. If his sole purpose is to protect the defence Casemiro style and allow more talented players to flourish, he could turn out great.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's why you don't take as absolute fact what journalists are saying. They are not sitting in the meetings getting figures, they are having a best guess.

These figures they produce are almost always close but rarely spot on.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
That's why you don't take as absolute fact what journalists are saying. They are not sitting in the meetings getting figures, they are having a best guess.

These figures they produce are almost always close but rarely spot on.
Also that 3.5m figure came out a day or two before it was announced, it may been our initial bid. Its more than a best guess at times, with all factors such as sources coming from those close to club.

With that said, id love to see stats around our last 5-10 transfers with a comparison between rumoured fee and actual fee. It would be interesting to compare that with some other clubs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Can't say I'm excited by this signing, it feels similar to an expensive Lemina type deal.

One thing that he does seem to bring and something we have badly lacked is energy and tenacity. I just hope he has a bit of technique about him and not just a Sturaro.

From Pirlo's conference it seems like he wants a bit more energy and hussle to win the ball back. It may be our system brings the best out of him.

The fact he is young, will be on relatively low wages and will have a resale value is a nice change. I just wish the transfer fee was lower.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Can't say I'm excited by this signing, it feels similar to an expensive Lemina type deal.

One thing that he does seem to bring and something we have badly lacked is energy and tenacity. I just hope he has a bit of technique about him and not just a Sturaro.

From Pirlo's conference it seems like he wants a bit more energy and hussle to win the ball back. It may be our system brings the best out of him.

The fact he is young, will be on relatively low wages and will have a resale value is a nice change. I just wish the transfer fee was lower.
Agree, although I think transfer fee is OK considering as you said his age/resale value and the fact he was a first teamer at a half decent club.

I can understand why our American friends here are excited and I would be too, but for me it's slightly underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I read that he has problems with Italian, but after 20 attempts he finally managed to say "bawnjourno" and "grat-zee". At least he will understand the first and the last word Pirlo will say in training, while failing to understand fuck all of what will be said in between.
Since marketing is so important to us, lets also buy a Chinese trequartista and an Indian regista. All those new fans :juvefan:

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #277
    I read that he has problems with Italian, but after 20 attempts he finally managed to say "bawnjourno" and "grat-zee". At least he will understand the first and the last word Pirlo will say in training, while failing to understand fuck all of what will be said in between.
    Since marketing is so important to us, lets also buy a Chinese trequartista and an Indian regista. All those new fans :juvefan:

I mean, after all, there is no one that speaks English on that team, right?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I mean, after all, there is no one that speaks English on that team, right?
    And they will have no better job to do than translate everything that's being said to his majesty McSturaro?
    Nope. The motherfucker should learn Italian. But being American, he will not. And then he should learn how to play football. Being American, he won't do that either.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #279
    And they will have no better job to do than translate everything that's being said to his majesty McSturaro?
    Nope. The motherfucker should learn Italian. But being American, he will not. And then he should learn how to play football. Being American, he won't do that either.
    You can seriously go fuck yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm done. Absolutely done. The obvious hatred for anything American in this forum is beyond laughable. You can all go fuck off.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)