Weston “Immovable” McKennie (16 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Nobody was saying no to Barella or Verratti. Jorginho basically isn’t even Italian. The defense was led by current or former Juve players. Chiesa already is a good Juve player. So where are all the other great Italian talents coming from when we already know who led the Azzurri this month?
Plenty of people were against signing Barella before he went to Inter.

Where am I saying great players? Not all of the Italian team are but I'd think a lot of that squad could do a job at Juve.

That isn't really my point at all though. Some people seem obsessed with nationality to the extent that it influences their opinion either way, which is odd.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Where am I saying great players? Not all of the Italian team are but I'd think a lot of that squad could do a job at Juve.

That isn't really my point at all though. Some people seem obsessed with nationality to the extent that it influences their opinion either way, which is odd.
The problem is we have signed mediocre Italian players at high prices because we’re buying them from rivals and they have an extra premium attached to them because they are Italian. So of course people are going criticize certain signings like Berna who’s we don’t want to repeat. This is much different than signing one American player and calling him Blasi.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

While I agree that nationality shouldn't matter much, there are some indications (facts?) that in some cases it is important.
Imo, successful squads, much more often than not, have a solid base of domestic players in the starting XI (ideally 4-6) and it's not a coincidence because these guys seem to be important for the locker-room, for motivation, for acclimatization of foreigners or youngsters, or to simply talk to the fans. In Juventus, with the exception of Sarri's season when we won the league with only one Italian among the 11 who played the most, this was always a case.
Also, coincidence or not, some players from certain countries always seem to find it hard to do well in a specific country.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
While I agree that nationality shouldn't matter much, there are some indications (facts?) that in some cases it is important.
Imo, successful squads, much more often than not, have a solid base of domestic players in the starting XI (ideally 4-6) and it's not a coincidence because these guys seem to be important for the locker-room, for motivation, for acclimatization of foreigners or youngsters, or to simply talk to the fans. In Juventus, with the exception of Sarri's season when we won the league with only one Italian among the 11 who played the most, this was always a case.
Also, coincidence or not, some players from certain countries always seem to find it hard to do well in a specific country.
Maybe. But other than Bayern, pretty sure Liverpool, real and Chelsea had like only two starters from their respective countries and won the CL recently.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Maybe. But other than Bayern, pretty sure Liverpool, real and Chelsea had like only two starters from their respective countries and won the CL recently.
Real had a very solid base of Spaniards. Of the 11 who played the most in 2017-19, Ramos, Vazquez, Carvajal and Isco were Spaniards, plus they had Morata, Nacho and Marco Asensio, all of which played 35 matches or more.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Real had a very solid base of Spaniards. Of the 11 who played the most in 2017-19, Ramos, Vazquez, Carvajal and Isco were Spaniards, plus they had Morata, Nacho and Marco Asensio, all of which played 35 matches or more.
Real always has a good base of Spainish at least off the bench.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bonucci has hardly played well for Juve over the last few years. Plus he wanted to leave to Milan, upsetting the fans. So I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

Even if you think McKennie isn’t capable of anything other than running amock like Sturaro, he was still very useful to Allegri at times. Juventus have always had players like that anyway.

so nothing that you said actually helped your argument at all. But we know it isn’t a real argument anyway.
Correct. We actually just hired one into Allegri's staff.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He scored against Torino in Coppa Italia that season.
I'm doing the Juve stats in this forum for almost 15 years, so I wouldn't have claimed that Mario scored at least 10 every year if I didn't check that info.
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/juventus-2020-2021-stats.44394/
I knew you would go there. Had to use that to get you over the hump. Needed those 4 EXTRA Coppa matches to get that one goal.:rofl:Without question using that goal to prove your point shows how technically sound you are with stats. :tup:

Well we'll just have to see what plays out but if Pjanic comes here I will back him 100% when on the pitch. And Alen, 15 years is a long time. Some professions don't last that long. Any thoughts of possibly calling it quits with the stat business here at Juve?
:boh:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I knew you would go there. Had to use that to get you over the hump. Needed those 4 EXTRA Coppa matches to get that one goal.:rofl:Without question using that goal to state your point shows how technically sound you are with stats. :tup:
I'm not sure what is funny there.
Allegri told McKennie that he should score 10 goals. Turk says that Mandzukic never scored 10 goals in a season for Juve. I said that Mandzukic scored at least 10 in each of the 4 seasons he was here.
Noone, neither Allegri, nor Turk, nor did I mention a particular competition. Hence I thought it was clear that we're talking about all official matches for Juve in all official club competitions. I don't see why did you count only two competitions and why a goal against Torino in a Coppa quarterfinal should be worth less than a goal for 4:0 against a serie A relegation-battler.
And Alen, 15 years is a long time. Some professions don't last that long. Any thoughts of possibly calling it quits with the stat business here at Juve?
:boh:
Nah, I'll be doing it this season too. All those stats sites are taking over my business and I'm running on loss (of time), but I'll keep going for the time being.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Probably because he's a Croat, like me. And because they know they'll be pushing it if they compare McKennie to Modric :D

I'll give them a hand, tho. Modric needed 9 seasons to finally score 5 goals in one La Liga season. McKennie scored 5 in his first Serie A season :shocked:
Lazes zlato, lazes duso :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)