Weston “Immovable” McKennie (24 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
one of those days for him too:

70% of pass accuracy, piss poor
1 clearance, 0 tackes or interceptions, piss poor
0 key passes
lost possession 15 times

you just can't go on with players who can completely disappear for a match, and that applies to this guy too. those assists are nice, but i'd trade some of those occasional flashes for a solid midfield work with predictable passing and actual regular defensive contribution

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

0 key passes
lost possession 15 times

you just can't go on with players who can completely disappear for a match, and that applies to this guy too. those assists are nice, but i'd trade some of those occasional flashes for a solid midfield work with predictable passing and actual regular defensive contribution
He is as useful as a limp dick in a whorehouse.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

0 key passes
lost possession 15 times

Name a midfield player we could get that would be more consistent AND have 10 assists playing under this manager. Go.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Name a midfield player we could get that would be more consistent AND have 10 assists playing under this manager. Go.
nocerino scored 11g3a under allegri. vidal with a knee injury collected 8g4a. khedira had 9, 9 and 14 g+a for 3 consecutive seasons with allegri. pjanic in '17: 6g12a. next season: 6g9a. pogba: 9g6a, then 9g14a. last season rabiot had 11g5a. and that's not some fantasy.

mckennie is obviously having a positive season. but the number of assists doesn't mask the fact that he's inconsistent, and doesn't compare to pogba, vidal, khedira or pjanic. he's the odd nocerino who's having the season of his career.

just admit it that he had a terrible game yesterday and move on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
nocerino scored 11g3a under allegri. vidal with a knee injury collected 8g4a. khedira had 9, 9 and 14 g+a for 3 consecutive seasons with allegri. pjanic in '17: 6g12a. next season: 6g9a. pogba: 9g6a, then 9g14a. last season rabiot had 11g5a. and that's not some fantasy.

mckennie is obviously having a positive season. but the number of assists doesn't mask the fact that he's inconsistent, and doesn't compare to pogba, vidal, khedira or pjanic. he's the odd nocerino who's having the season of his career.

just admit it that he had a terrible game yesterday and move on.
You didn’t answer my question which isn’t surprising. Just say you don’t like the player and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Fagioli. Next question?
We shall see. I hope he does well but this was a major setback. Struggling with a gambling addiction isn’t easy and will destroy your life.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017

0 key passes
lost possession 15 times

Comical some of you guys here! Yes of course everything you say I believe as fact but damn, when was the last time you posted negatively about any other player on this sad ass team? I thinking maybe last month? And where would Juve be without those infrequent assists? Damn Wes, stop disappearing once in awhile, you're letting the rest of the team down.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have nothing against Wes - I mean aside from his shitty taste in food, movies, and music probably.

On the pitch, he has been a pleasant surprise this season, but we need more than pleasant surprises.

A Juventus that wants to contend can't have guys like Wes starting, yet we find ourselves in this predicament.

Our entire midfield is trash, so replacing every single player in one summer isn't realistic or feasible. Fagiot the Benign Baguette has to fuck off, and Suckatelli has been piss poor.

The problem is Wes has an expiring contract, so either we renew him for a year and sell him next summer, or risk losing him for free. I don't think we'll give him 5 million post taxes, and he doesn't deserve that kind of money considering his skillset. So what if he says no to a ST renewal? We must collect that cash or get nothing.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You didn’t answer my question which isn’t surprising. Just say you don’t like the player and move on.
but i like him, especially as a person. he's probably one of the coolest guys in the team. every team should have clowns like him. but if he wants to stay as a starter, especially with a substantial raise, he can't play matches like this, it's not hard to grasp, is it

just say that you give him a pass whatever happens and move on

- - - Updated - - -

Good response ..... I should have known better! :hi:
your answer to my critique of mckennie: but but but you didn't criticize the other dudes!!!1!! which is ridiculous as an argument. first of all mckennie was shit against toro. and i'm one of the few guys here who thinks that our issues lie a bit deeper than allegri. i think that bremer is the only unquestionably juve quality player of this squad, the others are either injured/unfit too much or squad level players at best. and i post about this pretty frequently for years. i can't take your post seriously. i get that mckennie is your darling, but not being able to acknowledge that he played a terrible game tells more about you than anyone else here

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
but i like him, especially as a person. he's probably one of the coolest guys in the team. every team should have clowns like him. but if he wants to stay as a starter, especially with a substantial raise, he can't play matches like this, it's not hard to grasp, is it

just say that you give him a pass whatever happens and move on

- - - Updated - - -
I'm not giving him a pass, he can be criticized for a poor game. But he's criticized regardless of how he plays. You mentioned we need players who are more consistent (whatever that means; Mckennie has been one of the few consistent performers all year). I simply asked who is available that could replace him that would actually be this consistent and have the same assist numbers as him under such a disastrous coach. You didn't respond to that specifically, probably because no names come to mind. So the point is, people can criticize him all they want, but it's silly to harp about replacing him when at this point he's basically irreplaceable.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not giving him a pass, he can be criticized for a poor game. But he's criticized regardless of how he plays. You mentioned we need players who are more consistent (whatever that means; Mckennie has been one of the few consistent performers all year). I simply asked who is available that could replace him that would actually be this consistent and have the same assist numbers as him under such a disastrous coach. You didn't respond to that specifically, probably because no names come to mind. So the point is, people can criticize him all they want, but it's silly to harp about replacing him when at this point he's basically irreplaceable.
yeah buddy i don't have a crystal ball, hit me. i provided plenty of factual data on midfielders being consistent and overall more effective than mckennie, you ignored that and it's all right, i get that it doesn't fit your narrative

mckennie has less than 20 career assists. i appreciate his growth but let's not pretend like suddenly became some pirlo/pjanic hybrid

as for consistency, not being stuck at ~80% pass accuracy to be actually useful in hold up play would be a nice start. but it won't happen, players can't learn passing at that age unfortunately. and while he always had a special instinct within the opposition box, he failed to score or assist consistently for the majority of his career. now he can thank vlahovic for scoring a few goals, it certainly helps with his passes eventually becoming assists. funnily enough 5 players have more expected assists per 90 minutes than him within our squad... besides the assists, he has one outstanding skill (he can clear the ball effectively), other than that, he's pretty average, be it passing, tackling, duels, progressive passes, crosses, whatever's measurable

rabiot looked irreplaceable after he scored 10 goals last season. look at him now. for me there are a few players i'd prefer to keep, but literally no player is irreplaceable in this current squad

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Give up my friend! There's not talking to people like this that only see one side no matter what common sense proves. Above is how it is with some posters here. Vlad for one! I on occasion ask the same question on different Juve players saying sell, WTH are they proposing getting?

My take on Wes, once again ....
1. Good backup/part time starter (just watching CL matches yesterday proves not as good as those 1st team midfielders)
2. Yearly salary shouldn't be increased
3. No problem asking for the money, every other player on Juve does!

My untouchables are Bremer, Dusan, and Chiesa. And was lol if there any seriousness to a Lukaku for Dusan deal no matter how much cash Juve received. 38+ minutes tread wear vs 13+K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)