Weird Penalty .. (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
yep, nobody says you have to shoot off a penalty, it's just the 'logical' thing to do. As long as the ball rolls forward, and the recipient of the pass wasn't in the box when the ball was played, it's perfectly legal. People should try it more often. It makes the keeper look like more of an ass than when they get chipped off the penalty :D

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
yep, nobody says you have to shoot off a penalty, it's just the 'logical' thing to do. As long as the ball rolls forward, and the recipient of the pass wasn't in the box when the ball was played, it's perfectly legal. People should try it more often. It makes the keeper look like more of an ass than when they get chipped off the penalty :D

i wonder though why its not more popular

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
actually i think it is against the rules. in my ref training they said not only must the ball go forward but it must be an attempted "shot" in the referee's opinion, at least thats what i remember

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    y use this style while we got i think the best pen kick shooter in the world (DP) :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    actually i think it is against the rules. in my ref training they said not only must the ball go forward but it must be an attempted "shot" in the referee's opinion, at least thats what i remember
    Really? That's interesting; I'll try to dig up the rules somewhere

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont know if you recall, but I had a thread with all the OFFICIAL FIFA rules, but someone didnt want to make it a sticky thread :(

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Here it is Gray, I knew my thread would be useful, the player doesnt have to shoot the ball, he just has to play it forward.

Procedure
    - the player taking the penalty kicks the ball forward
    - he does not play the ball a second time until it has touched another player
    - the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Here it is Gray, I knew my thread would be useful, the player doesnt have to shoot the ball, he just has to play it forward.
    but I already knew that :p

j/k, thread essentialised

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    wow Z, u wrote this whole page urself??!

man u should be awarded tht nobel prize :D

OP

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    really it was hard,, :touched:

congrats, and it should be sticky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)