WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (31 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Cooling was not my intetnion.
what was it?stop it Jeeks.IMO DP even shouldn't have been called for NT but honestly he and Vieri were both in the same situations.Bobo didn't play for Milan in the last match too.but he played from the first until the last minute tonight and was awful at finishing just like before.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Lippi satisfied with Scotch show Saturday 3 September, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi insisted he was satisfied with Italy’s performance at Hampden Park, although he must make major changes for the trip to Belarus.

“We only allowed them one real chance in the first half and let ourselves get taken by surprise,” said the Coach of their 1-1 draw in Scotland.

“You could see we were trying to attack and kept that up for all 90 minutes. I liked the side, apart from a few minor problems. Kenny Miller did very well and gave our defenders a lot of things to think about.”

Miller had given the Scots a shock lead that lasted until the 75th minute, when substitute Fabio Grosso netted the equaliser from a corner kick.

However, Lippi will have to make some big changes to his line-up, as Gianluca Zambrotta and Daniele De Rossi are suspended, while Alberto Gilardino was left in the stands today due to a mysterious last-minute injury.

“Gilardino didn't look sharp to me and he agreed. We’ll recover our fitness levels and see what happens in Belarus, as from this evening we’ll begin to think about solutions for that line-up.”

The hero of the hour was Palermo full-back Grosso, who scored the first goal that Italy have ever managed to net on Scottish soil.

“I didn’t know that, so it’s an extra special goal for me,” said the substitute. “It was already incredible that it was my first Azzurri goal and that it helped us to earn a precious point in a tough game.”

Palermo made their first Serie A appearance in 30 years last season, but have already put several of their players into the Azzurri squad.

“When we come here, everyone is part of the same Club Italia and all of that is left behind. It’s nice for Palermo that they have so many internationals, as it shows they are working well.”

Grosso admits that the performance was below par and that the Azzurri have to improve if they are to stay top of Group 5 and qualify for the 2006 World Cup. There was a positive result for Italy, as Moldova beat Belarus 2-0 today.

“We knew it was going to be difficult here and they put us under pressure, but we fought back and fully deserved our point. Obviously, we hope to do better in Belarus on Wednesday.”

source: channel4.com

Satisfied? I could have asked for more. BTW Zambrotta + De Rossi r suspended.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
this is what annoys me , after each game lippi or capello:
i am satisfied with juve or italy in this game , we were the better team ........etc

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
So should we add Lippi to the hate list now that also he did not play DP? And to think we believed Lippi was better than Capello at judging players!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Btw I don't know where you guys saw that, but Gilardino wasn't left out because of an injury or anything. Lippi just thought that he wasn't on top of his form to play him and said that he had informed the player and he had agreed to that.

However, Gilardino said that Lippi never spoke to him about it and that he only found out about his exclusion at midday along with the rest of the team.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
So should we add Lippi to the hate list now that also he did not play DP? And to think we believed Lippi was better than Capello at judging players!
VERY VERY WELL SAID!!!!

everytime someone does something to DP, he becomes a BAD person.. EVERY SINGLE dp fan will hate him!!! arghhh !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)