[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (73 Viewers)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Well deserved award for Modric. By far the best Ex-Yu player I ever watched. Congrats to France on WC, and Croatia on great tournament.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I was 3 years old when he played in that WC, never heard of him, had to google him :D
Look at his international career :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I thought Croatia were generally the better team but overall they had less quality and far less luck. You don't deliberate over a VAR decision in a WC final, let's be serious. It's supposed to be clear and obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to repeat myself, Subasic has been absolutely terrible this game.

He barely moved in any of France goals.
Yeah I thought he was very poor in his positioning in this game, and it's easier to save things if you use your arms from time to time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Look at his international career

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I thought Croatia were generally the better team but overall they had less quality and far less luck. You don't deliberate over a VAR decision in a WC final, let's be serious. It's supposed to be clear and obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I thought he was very poor in his positioning in this game, and it's easier to save things if you use your arms from time to time.
If it's not a clear error it isn't open to review. This should never have been looked at again.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think the penalty was a correct call to be honest. The ball traveled a long distance, and Persic's hands were not in a natural position, so for me , it was a penalty.

France grinded their way to this WC. This makes up for 2006 though, when France played some really beautiful football and Zizou enchanted football fans every game, and then they ended up losing it to a cynical Italian side. This time France was the cynical team, and while it isn't my favorite style to watch my teams play, nor do I think France with the talent at its disposal needed to play this way, nor was I DD's biggest fan prior to this WC. But it worked for him, and he's a world champion, so you have to give the guy credit.

Both Belgium and Croatia played this WC's best football though. I thoroughly enjoyed both those team's games. Modric and Hazard were for me the two best players in the tournament by far, so a completely deserved award for Luka, who in my opinion is one of the best, most consistent and most complete midfielders I have ever watched.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
following Sevens ultimate meltdown, it's obligatory to post a few gems from him in this thread

Radja will go to the World Cup. Martinez would risk losing his team.
Nainggolan not selected for Belgium. Can't say I'll support this team anymore really.
I want Belgium to go out as soon as possible. I just can't bring myself to support such an obvious liar.
Very glad we won

Argentina will win it. Messi buried his demons.
I have seen them. Doesn't matter. Their final qualifying game changed them as a team and it changed Messi too. I see them as favourites.

I wouldn't be against France winning it at all. Kind of odd, because their team has always been incredibly annoying imo, but I actually kind of like their players now.
We depend on Hazard for pretty much everything. I think we'll struggle way too much against more highly rated teams.Brazil look unbeatable, especially with a well rested and hungry Neymar.
they did beat Brazil and Seven posted my absolute favorite of his :lol:
The way we beat Brazil they'd have had no chance whatsoever against France. Be glad we made it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
following Sevens ultimate meltdown, it's obligatory to post a few gems from him in this thread

they did beat Brazil and Seven posted my absolute favorite of his
None of those statements are untrue really.

You don't live in Belgium, but the riot Martinez caused really hurt our team's preparations.

I do like Griezmann and I especially like Pogba. I like that they are World Cup winners. In the same post I also say I never liked France. Yet you are one of those who believe I have only disliked them after the Belgium game.

Brazil with a fit Neymar would have been unbeatable, especially to Belgium. We were already very fortunate.

Finally we did depend on Hazard for the vast majority of the tournament. It was obvious in our game against France. He definitely should have won best player trophy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think the penalty was a correct call to be honest. The ball traveled a long distance, and Persic's hands were not in a natural position, so for me , it was a penalty.

France grinded their way to this WC. This makes up for 2006 though, when France played some really beautiful football and Zizou enchanted football fans every game, and then they ended up losing it to a cynical Italian side. This time France was the cynical team, and while it isn't my favorite style to watch my teams play, nor do I think France with the talent at its disposal needed to play this way, nor was I DD's biggest fan prior to this WC. But it worked for him, and he's a world champion, so you have to give the guy credit.

Both Belgium and Croatia played this WC's best football though. I thoroughly enjoyed both those team's games. Modric and Hazard were for me the two best players in the tournament by far, so a completely deserved award for Luka, who in my opinion is one of the best, most consistent and most complete midfielders I have ever watched.
The remarkable thing about Modric is how much he improved after going to Madrid. He was already 27 at that point.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

His view was blocked and the ball deflected of Matuidi which made it's travel distance 30 cm.

Obviously I'm not objective but France scored first 2 goals out of evident errors.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
From next season, CL and La Liga refs will pay more attention to Griez's dives. Speaking of penalty kicks, doesn't he only look up at last second to see which side the goalie dives to then decide (really quick) to send the ball the opposite side?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
None of those statements are untrue really.

You don't live in Belgium, but the riot Martinez caused really hurt our team's preparations.

I do like Griezmann and I especially like Pogba. I like that they are World Cup winners. In the same post I also say I never liked France. Yet you are one of those who believe I have only disliked them after the Belgium game.

Brazil with a fit Neymar would have been unbeatable, especially to Belgium. We were already very fortunate.

Finally we did depend on Hazard for the vast majority of the tournament. It was obvious in our game against France. He definitely should have won best player trophy.
:lol:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

The remarkable thing about Modric is how much he improved after going to Madrid. He was already 27 at that point.
To be honest he hasn't improved there but got infinitely better team mates there and he thrives on making other around him play better. Naturally at RM that is way easier so it seems he's improved but in all honesty he was dictating our NT when he was 22 already - just check 2008 and his play at that Euro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)