[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (16 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hazard vs Trippier:nico:
Not sure Hazard is going to play.

He's been the star of the tournament really, but his disappointment is very palpable. Martinez already said he'd only play players who were physically and mentally ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Belgium is gonna steam roll England.
You'd think so, but several of our players are very distraught. De Bruyne has had this as a goal for over four years. Dude couldn't shut up about it. He was the one who believed in it the most. Not sure how he'll respond now.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Not sure Hazard is going to play.

He's been the star of the tournament really, but his disappointment is very palpable. Martinez already said he'd only play players who were physically and mentally ready.
Really? I can understand disappointment but a Bronze is up for grabs, not a small thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think so, but several of our players are very distraught. De Bruyne has had this as a goal for over four years. Dude couldn't shut up about it. He was the one who believed in it the most. Not sure how he'll respond now.
I can imagine but like I said, 3rd place is nothing to scuff about and it's a step further towards your ultimate goal. Luck in your misfortune is lots of those guys are gonna be there again in 4 years to have another crack at it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Really? I can understand disappointment but a Bronze is up for grabs, not a small thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I can imagine but like I said, 3rd place is nothing to scuff about and it's a step further towards your ultimate goal. Luck in your misfortune is lots of those guys are gonna be there again in 4 years to have another crack at it.

Yeah, I think most players will be good to go in another 4 years, though we have to hope they age like the Croatians did. For example Modric has only seemed to get better the last few years and he's almost 33 now.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah, I think most players will be good to go in another 4 years, though we have to hope they age like the Croatians did. For example Modric has only seemed to get better the last few years and he's almost 33 now.
I think they should, they're not South Americans. :-D Joking aside they will IMO and maybe for the same reasons lots of our players aged well - hunger - which can be a powerful motivator. Lots of our key players had something to prove in the NT ever since Turkey in 2008. Just hope it doesn't take them 10 years to get it together. :p

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
P.S. Good luck to Hugo Lloris and France. Let’s at least have the Spurs captain lift the WC!
Juventus and Juve players playing for their NTs have been a real nightmare for Tottenham and the Spurs players. Starting from that CL clash when Higuain and Dybala eliminated you, via Mandzukic's goal against Eriksen's Denmark and the Mandzukic winner against a Spurs dominated England the other day.
I obviously want this to continue on Sunday :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
WΏΏdy?;5800178 said:
What a perfect final, I finally might watch a match. Big fan of Croatia to do it but forza DD, he's our boy and I wouldn't mind one bit if France takes it.
This final has two possible outcomes:

A) France take the lead and do what they've been doing all tournament. Everyone will ask themselves where the World Cup final went.

B) Croatia take the lead and France don't know what to do, because there is no plan.

It's not what I'd call a perfect final, but I suppose if Croatia win it, people will finally realise what this France team is all about.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
This final has two possible outcomes:

A) France take the lead and do what they've been doing all tournament. Everyone will ask themselves where the World Cup final went.

B) Croatia take the lead and France don't know what to do, because there is no plan.

It's not what I'd call a perfect final, but I suppose if Croatia win it, people will finally realise what this France team is all about.
c) France takes the lead via penalty. Croatia bounces back with 2 unexpected goals, a long distance screamer and a failed offside trap from France. Afterwards France hits back with 3 more goals - a volley wondergoal in the top corner, fast counterattacking goal with ball travelling the pitch in a matter of seconds and an individual brilliance goal that seems to have decided the game. Croatia narrows their lead late with Modrič out of nowhere sending the perfect cross to Mario and they are missing one goal to make it a draw. Desperately attacking, Croats fail to score the last goal. Despite being tremendously wrong, Seven still claims that France is sucking joy out of football and their time wasting at the end made the final not enjoyable for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)