[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (7 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Oh, I love Jobim. And back in November I had the joy of seeing Jorge Ben Jor perform live in town. So I've got nothing against kicking it old school style in Brazil, meu irmão. :)
Love him too. And funnily enough but not really surprising he isn't as idolized by Brazilians as he is by outsiders. Brazilians always find a way to diminish their heroes, it's pathetic. A close friend of mine who studied at Berklee in Miami said one of the final tests was a Jobim song, Surfboard if i'm not mistaken. Oh, and Ben Jor is a great guy.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
So why pump up a player right after his injured-and-subbed performance?

Yup. Good thing about the Brady Bill. Otherwise I'd buy a firearm, I will look for them, I will find them, and I will kill them.

Brazil showed zero flair or fancy vs. Chile and Colombia.

:lol:

In a way, this captures what's wrong with Brazil. They're still pretending it's Samba-era when the reality is this has long since been replaced with baile funk:

And World Cup and Euro titles in the past 18 years?: ZERO
he received this injury few games ago, after 5-0 in the 1st half Low decided to change him to avoid the relapse of knee injury cause without Hummels they will be so fucked up in the final, he wasn't even close to be described as "poor" - 6 clearances, 67% of duels won, he was rarely in action in the 1st half

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8,250
    You wrote 24 years at first. :p
    You're slower to my edits than me. :D

Swag, i would watch out with dissing germany
    Look at that team, just look at it
    playing 4231, for the attacking mids :

Starting : Reus, Kroos, Muller

bench : Ozil, Gotze, Draxxler

...all at or under 25
    Yes, but all the death stormtrooper analogies in the world means nothing unless you can take home the silverware. How many times have we seen clubs like Napoli or Roma or Inter in the past several years get jacked up about massive wins, only to lose or draw to minnows and fail out of the Scudetto race?

Goal margins are meaningless until you take home the trophy. Beating a 10-man Portugal 4-0 is pointless if you almost lose to Ghana in the next match.

Yes, this is as good as a Germany squad as they've had in eons. But unless and until they win the WC this year, all of this will have been a colossal failure.

Setting a record for four straight semifinals is great. But without a trophy, that's also a mark of epic futility on the last step. Germany needs this WC title more than anything to avoid being labeled Inter-level chokers in the final product.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
    Swag, i would watch out with dissing germany
    Look at that team, just look at it
    playing 4231, for the attacking mids :

Starting : Reus, Kroos, Muller

bench : Ozil, Gotze, Draxxler

...all at or under 25
    We're playing more of a 4-3-3 or, like yesterday, 4-1-4-1 system during this world cup.
    Löw finally admitted that we need to be stronger in midfield and Kroos is playing more of a #8 then a #10 position.

BTW: We've still got some younger guys coming in with someone like Timo Werner(Stuttgart) already playing well in the Bundesliga at age 17/18.

German powerhouses not at the world cup due to injuries

Gundogan
    Reus
    Gomez
    Gomez doesn't really fit the style we're playing and would be more of a super sub to come in if we'd need a goal late in games.

Gündogan would've been nice, but we're also missing the Bender twins at that position. I mean, even Christoph Kramer, with one season of Bundesliga under his belt, made the squad.

Though, Reus is by far our best offensive player and playing him instead of Özil would certainly upgrade the offense, given that Özil's just not a winger and doesn't track back at all.

Umm...I'm not a big fan of his but he'd certainly be better(offensively) then Höwedes.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    You're slower to my edits than me. :D

Yes, but all the death stormtrooper analogies in the world means nothing unless you can take home the silverware. How many times have we seen clubs like Napoli or Roma or Inter in the past several years get jacked up about massive wins, only to lose or draw to minnows and fail out of the Scudetto race?

Goal margins are meaningless until you take home the trophy. Beating a 10-man Portugal 4-0 is pointless if you almost lose to Ghana in the next match.

Yes, this is as good as a Germany squad as they've had in eons. But unless and until they win the WC this year, all of this will have been a colossal failure.

Setting a record for four straight semifinals is great. But without a trophy, that's also a mark of epic futility on the last step. Germany needs this WC title more than anything to avoid being labeled Inter-level chokers in the final product.
    :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

We're playing more of a 4-3-3 or, like yesterday, 4-1-4-1 system during this world cup.
    Löw finally admitted that we need to be stronger in midfield and Kroos is playing more of a #8 then a #10 position.

BTW: We've still got some younger guys coming in with someone like Timo Werner(Stuttgart) already playing well in the Bundesliga at age 17/18.

Gomez doesn't really fit the style we're playing and would be more of a super sub to come in if we'd need a goal late in games.

Gündogan would've been nice, but we're also missing the Bender twins at that position. I mean, even Christoph Kramer, with one season of Bundesliga under his belt, made the squad.

Though, Reus is by far our best offensive player and playing him instead of Özil would certainly upgrade the offense, given that Özil's just not a winger and doesn't track back at all.

Umm...I'm not a big fan of his but he'd certainly be better(offensively) then Höwedes.
    So much talent in that team, its just insane.

What are your toughts on who should be the next CF at germany ?

Schurrle ? Muller ? someone else ?

I'm baffled that Dutch team made it so far :lol:
    Thats what a great coach can do with alot of mediocre but diciplined players, a world class striker, and the best player in the world

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
    So much talent in that team, its just insane.

What are your toughts on who should be the next CF at germany ?

Schurrle ? Muller ? someone else ?
    Well, neither one of those two is a real CF. Though, Müller's doing a great job and could be the one going forward.
    I still think that Gomez will get his share of games as I doubt that Klose will keep on playing.

Other then that, I think Timo Werner could be the future at that position.
    He just turned 18 in March and already played 30 games for Stuttgart scoring four goals and assisting on five while being put on the wing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)