Ways to increase Juve´s revenues ? (1 Viewer)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Based on the last Deloitte report, Juventus is the second richest club in the world (revenue-wise). Revenues have been going up over the last few years, being 138 million euros in the 99/00 season and after last season we earned 208.2 million (down from 215.4 million the year before which was an all time record). It´s not suprising that Juve earns most of it´s money through TV rights and revenues from the Champions League. However what do we need to do to grab the number one spot ? Right now, Manchester United lead us by 30 million and they have a fairly large profit margin. Why does Juve either have a low margin or not post profits at all. And how can we surpass Man Utd´s revenues, because the difference isn´t THAT big ?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 26, 2003
I think with a better stadium we could improve.
to have a nearly 70.000 seats stadium that is half empty mostly every match is not very good! so i think that the new Delle Alpi will help us then!

OP
Paid-off-Ref

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I read somewhere that the new stadium will include 200 executive boxes which will probably boost revenue quite a bit. And the Juventus directors want the new stadium always to be sold out, and I think they are pretty sure it is possible, they´ve probably done polls in the Turin area. However I find it an interesting fact that AC Milan´s ticketsale revenue is around 13% of their total revenues, while at Juventus it sums up 8.5%, not much of a difference even though the attandence at the San Siro is always much higher. Do Juve charge more for their tickets ? Anyway the stadium issue is a known fact, I was wondering what kind of adivce you would give the Board of Directors to earn more money for the team ? And please, why is the profit margin so small compared to Man Utd ? Their profit margin is above 10%.

OP
    Paid-off-Ref

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    Like always....
    Sell DelPiero :D :D :D
    That´s a very interesting statement coming from someone with a nickname like yours :)
    Even though personally I find him useless as a player nowadays, he still has some commerical value. He is a household name and sells shirts, however I wouldn´t mind lowering his current salary.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I know that at Old Trafford they've had a wage structure in place for years to stop them spiralling out of control, and since thats always going to be your main cost then that could be the answer

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paid-off-Ref ] ++

That´s a very interesting statement coming from someone with a nickname like yours :)
    Even though personally I find him useless as a player nowadays, he still has some commerical value. He is a household name and sells shirts, however I wouldn´t mind lowering his current salary.
    I didn't mean it, I'm 100% against selling ALEX...
    But sooner or later U will hear someone in the forum saying that getting rid of DP will activate our revenue

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    I think with a better stadium we could improve.
    to have a nearly 70.000 seats stadium that is half empty mostly every match is not very good! so i think that the new Delle Alpi will help us then!
    Stadium could be the best solution, IF Delle Alpi is always sold-out (in my opinion) we could arrive to Man Utd's level as the diff is not that big.

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
    Win the Champions League once you do that, awesome players will want to join Juventus and then we can buy them, which might attract more people to watch all these players or build a new stadium.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    When the new delle alpi is finnushed we will get more ppl to the home matches and we can sell del Piero or lower his salary MUCH!
    And we must get rid of some old players like: Iuliano, Pessotto. Then we sell Tudor(I want him to stay, but he might getting sold) and Legro together with Montero. Ferrara then resigns at the end of the season. If we do this, we will lower the overall salary until we get replacements.

FORZA JUVE!

And of course, when I get a job, ill save money to move to Italy and buy season ticket to all Juve games ;)

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Alexi-10 ] ++
    Win the Champions League once you do that, awesome players will want to join Juventus and then we can buy them, which might attract more people to watch all these players or build a new stadium.
    in order to buy players you need some money on your side...I recommend the other way round..win trophies, have more audience, buy good players (btw. good ones haven't to be expensive all the time)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    Well, the only explenation I could give to this gap between ManU and Juve is that both cities differ in terms of economical value. If I'm not mistaken, Manchester has a bigger population? If so, that explains the ticket revenues. Turin is a little on the rural side which explains more conservatism of its occupants, while Manchester is a city of commerce.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    They should do what we do with American football (NFL)

If the game is not a sellout by 1 pm the Thursday before the game, it isnt shown on local tv (a 90 mile radius)

That will get people into the stadium

Of course, this should take place after the renovations, which will downsize the seating to about 40,000 , which seems reasonable

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

If the game is not a sellout by 1 pm the Thursday before the game, it isnt shown on local tv (a 90 mile radius)

That will get people into the stadium
    That won't work in Juve's case because you buy a 'season ticket' from Sky Italia to watch all the games live on TV. Also, this money is one of our, if not the largest, income for the club.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++

in order to buy players you need some money on your side...I recommend the other way round..win trophies, have more audience, buy good players (btw. good ones haven't to be expensive all the time)
    Agree

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    we dont need to be extremely rich. its all unrelevant. so long that we have some sort of muscle in the transfer market and have money to pay wages to players that will do...

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
    revenues & income must come from a Good stragical programs to improve.

winning The chamopinships will make the revenue Nice.

in my opinion Juve need 3 points to do i guess

1- More spectators to attend The matches .. which is certaily More tickets. more mony

but how !?

With Playing in Torino .. is The issue as you know all Guys that this city is an industrial area.. changing The place also is Gonna be a big problem from the administration. like what They Gonna say its a historical area for juve. so do not expect 60.000 in evey match in torino as man und.
    new stadium does not mean we will see it Full every time. its about the place and remember if a any other teams playing in san siro against juve . you'll see juve's Fans more Than Torino.

2- juve must open branches throw all europe for gambling on the matches..not specially juve matches(all matches) across Those small boxes in all europe and should be managed by juve ..The income directly will increas from milloins of gamblers .

3- The most important thing is the (merchandise).. we couldn't find the right thing to buy for juve.
    last summer i was in london i went to many shops of sports wear to buy some stuff for juve but There is no way to find what you need even if you Go to Nike town you will find only shirts . shorts and caps for Juve No souvenirs you can get like a mugs ..watches..scarfs with juve logo.

MAN UND always take cares about those things . so they get millions in every month not year .

regards

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    well Juve_the_best you said what i imediatly thought when i read paid-off's post....we should try to turn into a marketing club...just like what former Man Utd (now in chelsea) exec. Mr. Kenyon did. he had been credited with turning man utd into a global brand which ultimatly made them the richest!. We should get a new marketing manager (if we have one, i dont really know). and if we dont have a marketing department we should create one. we should open up retail stores in cities after conducting marketing research....this in my opinion the solution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)