Wanna go to Jail or Church? (2 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Guys why do you bother with linebreak? I get it with AC, because he can at least put together an argument and discuss - Whilst i don't respect his views, I respect his ability to actually debate - which is why i dont give him shit anymore. But linebreak can't even put together an argument, just pick holes in stuff that doesnt matter - you are kicking water upstream, you wont win.

Heres some fun music.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Yo that priest has the right fucking idea - to the extent of what about non believers, believers of different faiths...it should be a secular moral guidance course - maybe even as a sociology qualification and no criminal record. Moral guidance is generally what people need, to find a way out of the situation they have found themselves in to commit the crime. Putting people in prison has been proven to increase the chance of re-offence due to the pyschology behind 'the criminal mind' - as in if someone is viewed as a criminal they will in turn begin to view themselves as a criminal, its a well reported phenomenon. Also cases like hard drug use should not be put in prison, they should be given support and help to break the cycle of drug addiction...drugs addicts are not criminals, they are sick. Drug use full stop shouldn't be a crime...how did i get onto drugs?

The whole point of a criminal justice system first and foremost should always be based on the reformation of character. Protection of the public only comes in on violent crimes. Moral guidance is clearly the starting point of any rehabilitation program. If it was offered as a secular program just to teach people about right and wrong in basic secular terms, to help demonstrate how their actions are damaging to their communities and to help reform their character. I would be behind that 100%, but as a 'church or jail system'...no dice.

Who wants to rep me for that?
Ok, who repped me for this post yesterday? Also the argument ended at my post - if you can't challenge what i've said (which is fair and balanced on all sides) then let the thread die.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Ok, who repped me for this post yesterday? Also the argument ended at my post - if you can't challenge what i've said (which is fair and balanced on all sides) then let the thread die.
Who are you to say when the thread will die? What are you, God or something?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah, church is really good at making you drowsy, that's no secret. Once when I was 6 I literally did fall asleep, woke up when I hit my head on the pew in front.

For years I would wake up on Sundays all rested, then at 1pm in the car coming home from church I felt like going back to bed.

Their audience participation bits suck.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, church is really good at making you drowsy, that's no secret. Once when I was 6 I literally did fall asleep, woke up when I hit my head on the pew in front.

For years I would wake up on Sundays all rested, then at 1pm in the car coming home from church I felt like going back to bed.

Their audience participation bits suck.
Orthodox churches requires people to stand up for 3/4th's of the sermon. My first negative experience with the church.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)