Vidal: Well do our talking on the pitch (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Arturo Vidal insists Juventus need to live up to their title of Scudetto favourites by building on the type of form which led them to last season’s triumph.
The Chilean midfielder enjoyed a second half run out against Aygreville, impressing the 3,000 strong following with his trademark bursts from deep.
And Arturo was equally satisfied with his first outing of the season.
“The problems that affected last year’s final have gone,” he said. “I’m good, but also tired. We’ve been working hard over the past few days in order to face this season in the best possible way.”
Vidal’s trickery won two penalties for the Bianconeri, with the Chilean stepping up to confidently slot home the second in the closing stages of the encounter.
“I also took penalties when I played for Leverkusen. But it’s the manager who decides these things, if he wants me to take them, it's problem as far as I’m concerned.”
His impressive performances since moving to Turin in July 2011 have inevitably won the hearts of the Bianconeri faithful, but have also drawn admiring glances from elsewhere.
Yet the 25-year-old affirms he is fully focused on lifting Juve to even greater heights.
“When I’m on the pitch I wear my heart on my sleeve. This is why I think the fans appreciate me more and it’s nice they’ve taken to me. Approaches from other clubs? They don't interest me. I’m fine at Juventus.”
While Juve’s main remit will be to defend last year’s Scudetto victory, the midfielder is already looking to settle old scores against May’s Coppa Italia foes.
“We’ll begin as favourites because we won the title last year. We’ve improved even further and we know we’re a strong side.
“But words are not enough – we need to show this on the pitch. We know we’ll have a tough season ahead of us, and that’s why we’re currently working hard.
“We haven’t forgotten the Coppa Italia defeat and we’re gunning for revenge against Napoli."

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)