UK Politics (17 Viewers)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
What happens now? Immediate elections?
There will be a leadership contest among the conservatives, like in 2019 after Theresa May resigned. Boris will probably stay on as a 'lame-duck' PM until Autumn unless a caretaker PM takes over. I'm reading that the defense secretary Ben Wallace is the favorite to replace him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
One of the factors keeping Boris in a job was the lack of decent options.

I can see why Ben Wallace is the favourite amongst Tory voters right now, he is a straight-talking, Defence Secretary during war time, ex-soldier, looks like the complete opposite to bumbling Boris and his fudging his way through every situation.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Boris won the last election for pushing Brexit through and that's it really. Tories are smart to change leadership as Labour are pretty hopeless, in fact a slightly more competent leader should win the next election. Tories will cut tax and it should be an easy win buy if Starmer needs to go, it'll be more interesting since the guy has no clue.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fishy Rishi is another elitist toff, few can identify with him. At least Boris was affable in a bumbling idiot kind of way, Rishi seems much more calculated and sly, so more dangerous in lots of ways.

Apr 12, 2004
Wish we hadn't won the war.

- - - Updated - - -

John Major or Douglas Hurd might fancy their chances in this field. :)
Child, did you forget about Colonel Bat Guano or Dr. William Douglas Hurd Douglas Winston?

- - - Updated - - -

One of the factors keeping Boris in a job was the lack of decent options.

I can see why Ben Wallace is the favourite amongst Tory voters right now, he is a straight-talking, Defence Secretary during war time, ex-soldier, looks like the complete opposite to bumbling Boris and his fudging his way through every situation.
Damn. Your signature is a relic of second place.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)