UEFA Nations League (2 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If only Italy had shown this spirit and endeavor against the Swiss or the Macedonians.

I don't see any standout Euro teams (France notwithstanding) @ the WC - the lineup is the weakest it's been in years, and France could easily win if they decide to show up and play at 50% of their true potential.

Brazil look like the favorites now, and they have a very good squad (still piss poor compared to their heyday back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s). Argentina could ruffle some feathers, and the rest of the field is decidedly mediocre - England lack identity and proper couching (thank fuck for that - their misery brings me joy), the Germans may be "entertaining" to watch with their technically gifted bunch, but they seem like pussies, especially in the mental fortitude department, which is not something you normally associate with German squads. Portugal are shit, The Netherlands will always find a way to fail, Belgium already peaked, and Spain lack a killer instinct.

Maybe Croatia, Denmark, or Serbia could spring a surprise - that would be truly refreshing.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
I was born in Egypt (Egyptian by default), and raised in Serbia (Yugoslavia actually), Singapore, Cyprus, and Thailand.
Inti Masri? Aywa, Zabi. Ana Amriki, in my heart, Ana Falestini, in my head.

I worked with a Masri at AT&T while I was there, we came up with a funny name he would call me in front of other Arabs; "Akram El-Sharmoot Abu Hamsa."

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
First of all, I ain't a dude.

Second of all, ain't no way you can compare our team with Spanish. And no matter how "weak" you say they are, you can expect them to win against anyone.

And third of all, if you actually knew something about our national team you'd know how much of a mess it was in the past decade. The way you described Portugal is what we were in that period of time. A bunch of good players losing against Estonia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Honduras, Australia, humiliated by Ukraine (5-0), Denmark... and other average or below average teams (with all due respect to those nations). Empty stadiums and basically no expectations at all that we can win against even average oponnents.

With Stojkovic all of that changed, starting from the atmosphere around the team, their cohesion, relations between the players and finally, the way they play. Now I go into the game expecting a win, doesn't matter if we play against San Marino or Portugal.

So to draw the line, Serbian football fans have suffered a lot in the past; let us rejoice now. lol
Dude isn’t gender specific. I know lots of chicas who call each other Dude all the time. Stop being so transphobic.

Yes, Serbia isn’t Spain. But having observed both final minute collapses, it’s clear that has more to do with Portugal than it does with Serbia or Spain. Not that you’re not special. But don’t make this about you if it isn’t about you.

But I hear you about a coaches mentality making a difference. We’ve seen season 1 Conte. The sequels get dodgier, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)