U20 World Cup - Egypt vs. Italy (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well people can say what they want as their opinion, that's their preference. Did Italy care about the Confeds? Well yeah, they didn't want to lose. Did you see the players walking off after the Confed defeat to Brazil? Hardly in mourning. Do they care about the Confeds as much as the World Cup or Euros? LOL is the answer.

I'm sure all these lads did their best and cared a lot, after all they are not exactly regular players for their sides, just Primavera players or loaned to Serie B mostly.

Italy could have called Paloschi, Balotelli, Santon, Poli, Macheda, Okaka, Forestieri, Marilungo or El Shaarawi but as I said, this tournament has no importance, Serie A beats it hands down.

It doesn't have to go hand in hand that because Italy doesn't care it lessens the achievement of Egypt. I know nothing about Egyptian youth football so I don't know the level of those players, but for Italy they are basically youth team players and not the best from the U20 selection.

Just to add, looking at the last Italy squad for the U20 World Cup in 2005:

1 Emiliano Viviano
2 Lino Marzoratti
3 Andrea D'Agostino
4 Antonio Nocerino
5 Andrea Coda
6 Michele Canini
7 Marino Defendi

8 Lorenzo Carotti
9 Graziano Pellé
10 Michele Troiano
11 Daniele Galloppa
12 Fabio Virgili
13 Francesco Battaglia
14 Palmiro Di Dio
15 Antonio Aquilanti
16 Simone Bentivoglio
17 Raffaele De Martino
18 Cristian Agnelli
19 Francesco Nieto
20 Giuseppe Cozzolino
21 Daniele Padelli

Only those highlighted have had any sort of a Serie A career. It really doesn't compare favourably to the other teams in there.

Their results were:

Colombia 2-0 Italy
Italy 4-1 Canada
Italy 1-2 Syria

Basically the U21's are far more important than the U20's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)