Trofeo Birra Moretti 2007 (3 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
yeah where u at u stinkin' interista? make 1 petty post and do a runner? same old story, and why? cause u aint got sh*t on us just fairy tales that moanratti and rossi like to conjure up, i feel sorry for you gullable f*ckers but do yourself a favour interisti and just end your own suffering since the truth is too hard to handle, it sure saves me doing it for u - poor bastards. i call on all juventino to rip off any scudetto badges you see on an inter shirt be it in a sports shop or being warn.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
TERENCEE
Mar 28, 2007
  • Thread Starter #922
    “Football in August doesn’t count,” he told Tuttosport. “You could see that last year when we really struggled. Nobody remembers that now.

MASSIMO MORATTI

even moratti agree.. haha

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    From what I saw we played pretty well against Inter. It's hard to deny that they're stronger and overall better than us in terms of quality in personnel but there's still time to improve the squad in the market and on the pitch.

Almiron has proven he can pull the strings in midfield during this pre-season and we haven't had a player like that in a while. My main fear is that we won't find a suitable system for the players we have. The trident worked against Napoli but I don't really see how we can fit Nedved into that formation as a midfield trio of Tiago, Almiron and Nedved simply won't work. I guess the best we can hope for is 4-4-2 with Tiago and Almiron in the middle, which come to think of it isn't that bad because I'd rather not have Iaquinta in a starting role.

I'm pleased with the outcome.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    From what I saw we played pretty well against Inter. It's hard to deny that they're stronger and overall better than us in terms of quality in personnel but there's still time to improve the squad in the market and on the pitch.

Almiron has proven he can pull the strings in midfield during this pre-season and we haven't had a player like that in a while. My main fear is that we won't find a suitable system for the players we have. The trident worked against Napoli but I don't really see how we can fit Nedved into that formation as a midfield trio of Tiago, Almiron and Nedved simply won't work. I guess the best we can hope for is 4-4-2 with Tiago and Almiron in the middle, which come to think of it isn't that bad because I'd rather not have Iaquinta in a starting role.

I'm pleased with the outcome.
    you're forgetting camo just as importantly

tiago - nocerino - almiron works for me but personally nedved and camo have to play too so thats why i propose that in the 4-4-2 tiago/almiron - nocerino/zanetti

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    you're forgetting camo just as importantly

tiago - nocerino - almiron works for me but personally nedved and camo have to play too so thats why i propose that in the 4-4-2 tiago/almiron - nocerino/zanetti
    I actually did forget Camo tbh. I suppose Nedved or Camoranesi could be used as wide players in a trident attack if necessary but 4-4-2 is a good option as well. What I like about this squad is that we have a lot of options in midfield, upfront and in terms of formation. A good centre back would complete us imo.

Also, I see a lot of people giving Molinaro a hard time. The game against Inter is the only bit of Juve I've seen in pre-season but from what I saw he looked pretty good. He certainly knows how to get forward from full back and I for one would like to see us give young players like him more of a chance.

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    I didnt get to watch the games, but from the sound of it Almiron just keeps on impressing. Im curious to hear how Boumsong played.
    Can somebody give a run down of how we played, id appreciate it. thanks
    Badass: im curious to hear your opinion

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
    I purposely stayed off the forum earlier because I wanted to concentrate on the football & then come in to see how all our opinions compared...I saw a number of things in those games I wasn't happy about, but to be honest it went much as I expected, the win over Napoli & losing to Inter. It gets things in perspective, these games against Italian opposition for the coming season, & it will take a concentrated effort to make a 4th place finish, but it's not beyond us! As usual there were plenty of accurate football facts among the posts, but the highlight for me was seeing Angela refer to Ibra as "camel face!" I haven't laughed so hard in ages...

And what was with Mediaset scrambling Canale 5's coverage? The Birra Moretti has for years been shown in the clear. I missed the 1'st few mins as I had to go dig out my old receiver & cam to unlock the Seca2 Mediaguard because my Sky Italia box uses NDS encryption... :wth:

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
    i dont like how the team is playing untill now ..

the players needs to understand each other.. it seems that they dont talk to each other while playing ..
    the game against NAPOLI was a disaster.. we won, but we suffered alot.
    no accurate passes, no good crosses at all ..
    thank god we still have ALEX ..

the game against INTER was good, and we lost .. i cant say more than that ..

in general .. thats what i expected ..

notes:
    i found that Iquenta is useless..
    Trez is lost
    Almiron is moving to be a star
    Tiago is suffering
    Nocerino is amazing .. seems we got a new Gattuso :)
    Andrade .. ooh my god .. this guy is tooooooooooo SLOW
    Criscito .. i like him .. he is our next Cannavaro

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
    May 27, 2007
    Trez wasn't getting the service. When we get Pavel & Camo back in the MF we'll have more width & then Trez will see more of the ball. Yes, Nocerino & Criscito are stars of the future & Almiron is looking more & more like a really outstanding buy. Iaquinta is only a back up player, that's what he was bought for, but after watching Zalayeta last night, when Ranieri needs a sub he may just look to him first. I still say Iaquinta will hit an important goal or 2 for us, but in truth I think Ranieri values Iaquinta's physical presence more than anything else. Zala is a more "refined" subltle type of player, & if Ranieri wants to use more of the long ball game (I seriously hope not) Zala is not his man. Then Iaquinta to collect the ball & pass to Zala or Trez.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Again, no Chiellini !

Either he is injured, or he is on his way out....
    I don't remember I read his name between injured players.

We have to keep him instead of that Molinaro.

And Zalayeta already looks better than IAQUINTA!
    Definitely.

He was our best player in the second match.

My family woke up yesterday on my voice laughing. They thought I went crazy, but I couldn't explain to them my impression when I saw "Olivera For Nocerino". That was one of the most idiotic substitutions in Juve history. Nocerino was one of the best yesterday. he was replaced by the worst idiot in Juve history. WTF, Ranieri??

If he wants to make other clubs see him to ask for him, then he doesn't know how Olivera is thinking yet. That guy can be sold ONLY if he doesn't play. When he plays, all his idiocy is revealed and nobody will jump to get him, so make other clubs forget how shitty he is and let him rot on the bench.

Anyway, Inter owned us yesterday, and the ref didn't have a substantial impact on the match regardless what was mentioned here about his bias. Simply, we sucked.

Looking back at Inter's game. We should have scored at least 4 if it wasn't for Zalayeta! Trez would have tought them a lesson!
    You didn't watch the match, mate.

Zalayeta was the best striker for Juve in the two matches.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Inter owned us yesterday like you said rebel and they will for this season too cause juve is not the same any more , Serie B have taken the identity of the champions from us , juve is now an ordinary middle class team , this is what morrati wanted to happen.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Inter are better than us right now, it's as simple as that so learn to accept it. I'm not saying we can't challenge for the title or even beat them but if you think this current Juve is better than Inter on paper or on the pitch you're mistaken. And I'm not bringing down our boys, I'm pleased with what we've got for this season. We have to rebuild and I like the new foundation the team is building but to expect to return and beat the champions of Italy and one of the world's top teams just like that is kinda of, well, stupid.

Just a few more things to add about the TBM:

~ DP's goal was class, a sweet strike with his left foot from outside the box.
    ~ Zalayeta was our best player against Inter.
    ~ Both Zanetti and Nocerino showed why they are valuable members of the squad.
    ~ Iaquinta's finishing has been woeful throughout the pre-season. Hopefully he can notch a goal soon to boost his confidence.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Inter owned us yesterday like you said rebel and they will for this season too cause juve is not the same any more , Serie B have taken the identity of the champions from us , juve is now an ordinary middle class team , this is what morrati wanted to happen.
    Let's be optimistic, Maher. This period may last one season or two, but it won't have that effect for ever.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    My family woke up yesterday on my voice laughing. They thought I went crazy, but I couldn't explain to them my impression when I saw "Olivera For Nocerino". That was one of the most idiotic substitutions in Juve history. Nocerino was one of the best yesterday. he was replaced by the worst idiot in Juve history. WTF, Ranieri??
    Nocerino played the full 45 against Napoli and half of the Inter match. It made sense to give him a rest and by bringing on Olivera Ranieri was able to move Almiron into the middle where he is most effective.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002

You didn't watch the match, mate.

Zalayeta was the best striker for Juve in the two matches.
    Nocerino had just gotten a yellow card on a rough tackle and Ranieri took him out instantly, it's not nice 2 get a red in a friendly.

Zalayeta was excellent outside the box but when he got in, he was a disaster, maybe thats what he meant Trez would have scored a few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)