Totti's missed "Panenka" style penalty? (1 Viewer)

OP
Togon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    It should've been re-taken, the keeper came way off his line before Totti kicked it
    you must be jokeing!

if you decide to take a penalty this humiliating way, and miss it, than you take all the blame, even if a bird saves it flying across the net!

he deserved it sooo much!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    It's amazing how that chipped ball looks so brilliant when it hits the back of the net, but it looks so disguting and humiliating when the keeper just catches it.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    It's amazing how that chipped ball looks so brilliant when it hits the back of the net, but it looks so disguting and humiliating when the keeper just catches it.
    and Totti was so close to losing it all and hitting the keeper if you notice that in the end, wonder what would have happened f he did :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
    you must be jokeing!

if you decide to take a penalty this humiliating way, and miss it, than you take all the blame, even if a bird saves it flying across the net!

he deserved it sooo much!
    As I said, I'm not complaining or anything, but you can't change the rules based on how someone took a penalty, even if he tried to be a smartass. Do you really think the rules should be thrown out the window just because of the penalty kicker's methods? Surely not.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I've seen Totti take a PK that way the first time in Euro 2000.

Since when has Henry done it?
    Henry did it after just about everyone else in the EPL did it, which were all after Totti did it, but I believe the first guy to do it was Antonin Panenka (hence the thread title) for Czechoslovakia in 1976 - European championships. :geek:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I also like Di Canio's penalty where he takes a 30m run-up as if he's about to smack it as hard as he can, and he just casually slots it next to the post

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I also like Di Canio's penalty where he takes a 30m run-up as if he's about to smack it as hard as he can, and he just casually slots it next to the post
    I've never seen it, do you have a clip?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Henry did it after just about everyone else in the EPL did it, which were all after Totti did it, but I believe the first guy to do it was Antonin Panenka (hence the thread title) for Czechoslovakia in 1976 - European championships. :geek:

Yep, in the final against Germany :geek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)