TOP 20 Central Defenders (1 Viewer)

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #61
    but the list I made is not based on old merits
    therefor Andersson has no place there

and as far as Ramelow is concerned I would of been forced to inlcude Cordoba, Tudor and Thuram then too.

I am ranking them based on their current positions.....

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    but the list I made is not based on old merits
    therefor Andersson has no place there

and as far as Ramelow is concerned I would of been forced to inlcude Cordoba, Tudor and Thuram then too.

I am ranking them based on their current positions.....
    I don't see how you can't take into account their previous performances.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #63
    I take to account only the last 12months

BEcause otherwise there is so little seperating them.
    Since Every Defender has his good years and worse ones....

And since Andersson only played like two months during this past year.....

he is not eligble...........

Oct 6, 2002
    Rio Ferdinand? He loses his concentration about 20 times a game and has the positional sense of a bat wearing a blindfold. Walter Samuel? Hard as nails but as slow as, er, nails. And where are the two Paraguayan's Gamarra and Ayala? Patrik Andersson? Igor Tudor? Nesta and Cannavaro are way ahead of the rest, its difficult to choose between them, Nesta is sheer class, a model of elegant restraint. Cannavaro, on the other hand, is the most athletic defender i've ever seen and loves his art with a passion usually reserved for goalscorers. They are right up there with the best players in the world, but defenders dont get FIFA awards do they? How shallow is that?

kw_hamster

Aug 28, 2002
    I still rate Nesta as the best centre-back. It's saddening that we didn't land him in the summer as we'd garunteed ourselves a good defence for the years to come with no offence to Ferrara and Montero who are good but they're old. Ferdinand is definitely overrated and not worth the 30mil ManUtd paid for him. But I disagree that Ivan Helguerra is a good centre back. IMO he's a FANTASTIC defensive midfielder and that's where he should play.. not at the back!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)