To Stripper...and to those in the war-zone (3 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
salman said:
i dont watch the news too often,so excuse the ignorance,but its the area around beirut that's under attack right?

are the other parts of lebanon safe?
south is being attacked. In Bierut, some Hizballah areas are getting bombed and some, which don't even have any connection to the war or Hizballah, are getting bombed and innocent lives are being lost, most of them children.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
what part of lebanon is safe then?i also heard that some part near syrria got attacked.which isnt really good news,if its true.this could get really ugly.

my best wishes to all lebanese people.

OP
Rhizoid
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    Again guys let's remain non-political.

The warzone so far, in Lebanon includes the entire south, the suburbs of Beirut - mainly the Muslim (and Shi'a) quarter which has been fully evacuated. Some areas of Beirut are very safe, such as the coastal area, Hamra, Ras Beirut etc. However a 10 minute drive from there into the suburbs is a land of collapsed buildings, thick clouds of smoke and rubble. We rebuilt it once...we'll do it again :stuckup: :touched:

Other towns in Eastern Lebanon which are being targeted is Baalbeck.

The safe places include the mountainous regions outside Beirut. The two closest mountains to Beirut are the Beit Mary/Brumana/Baabdaat areas which are very peaceful.

The other region is the Baabda/Aley/Bhamdoun areas where most of the Shi'a communities have migrated to. (and where our friend Stripper is safe and sound)

Surprisingly, a lovely area which people go to during the winter because it's on the way to Lebanon's most popular ski resorts - Ouyoun al Simaan. [EDIT] - I said surprisingly, meaning I was surprised it was hit. it's far off from everything...

Other random targets have happened in the north, in central Beirut, and Christian populated towns where Hezballah are practically non-existent - such as where GRK is living, Jounieh. There has been a recent blast there, which was a main bridge on the highway.

Glad to know you're well GRK, Stripper and everyone else. Let's just pray and hope this ends soon!

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
    The warzone includes the entire north of Israel and some of the center too up to Hadera at the moment. Places hit are mostly peaceful towns joint jewish and arab and druze population and also industrial areas like Haifa.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    hey guys, talked to Rhizoid today. missed u guys big time, im fine and so are my family. im in the mts, its safe here but its really boring. at night u can hear the jets and spy planes and a bomb landing in the distance. i havent been going 2 work so thats why i havent been able 2 come online, usually if i have the chance 2 go online connection is so slow i just try 2 check my mail. once again missed u guys big time, its been a horrible and sweet summer at the same time with italy winning the world cup 2 the crap juve's going thru and this war. first time ive been stuck in a "warzone", i do not wish it upon my worst enemies. so guys take care and talk 2 u soon

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Stripper said:
    hey guys, talked to Rhizoid today. missed u guys big time, im fine and so are my family. im in the mts, its safe here but its really boring. at night u can hear the jets and spy planes and a bomb landing in the distance. i havent been going 2 work so thats why i havent been able 2 come online, usually if i have the chance 2 go online connection is so slow i just try 2 check my mail. once again missed u guys big time, its been a horrible and sweet summer at the same time with italy winning the world cup 2 the crap juve's going thru and this war. first time ive been stuck in a "warzone", i do not wish it upon my worst enemies. so guys take care and talk 2 u soon
    Take care, brother...

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Stripper said:
    i know how it feels man.. just stay safe, i wish the best to you and your whole family. hope it will end sooner than it did in bosnia.

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    It's really nice to see that everyone here cares! :)
    Thanks to everyone. It's a nightmare that alot of us are going through on this forum, I hope it ends as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)