The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (1 Viewer)

OP
Wahdan

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
  • Thread Starter #23
    According to the reviewer, it does. I highly highly highly recommend playing the first one.

Jul 2, 2006
    Just finished the first one. Time to time it was frustrating, especially when you have to travel whole map on foot for numerous times but it is a very good game. At the beginning alchemy thing looked too complex and i didn't touch it until the last chapter. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Funny thing I see this thread today. I was actually trying to get it just today lol, but it has to postponed.

Btw I heard second part can be easily played if you didn't play the first one. Some parts are just gonna be weird but the storyline won't get mixed up or something. How did you like it Turk?

Talents and character list (from reviews and youtube) looks pretty interesting but combat seems somehow weird to me, dunno why. Maybe it's different when you actually play.

Jul 2, 2006
    Funny thing I see this thread today. I was actually trying to get it just today lol, but it has to postponed.

Btw I heard second part can be easily played if you didn't play the first one. Some parts are just gonna be weird but the storyline won't get mixed up or something. How did you like it Turk?

Talents and character list (from reviews and youtube) looks pretty interesting but combat seems somehow weird to me, dunno why. Maybe it's different when you actually play.
    I haven't play second game yet so i can't comment on it but i can say first one is worth to play. Fighting is a bit different than other RPGs. You don't just click and watch. You have to select one of three fighting styles which suits your opponent and continuously attack in right time to complete your combos.

There is also an Alvin in the game. Like in the forum, you can't run away, he is always popping out of nowhere. :D

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    There is also an Alvin in the game. Like in the forum, you can't run away, he is always popping out of nowhere. :D
    haha :lol:

Time to time it was frustrating, especially when you have to travel whole map on foot for numerous times
    I find that quite annoying, usually in role playing games there are much better ways of travelling like gates in Diablo II and underground tubes (or whatever they are) in Assassin's Creed
    has it improved in 2?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    There are actually teleports in part 1 so it's not that bad, but yeah, there's still a lot of walkin'

I'm currently at Chapter III and only now I know how to use Alchemy lol. I fucked pretty much every girl in the game, now they hide their daughters from me, shame on them. It's a great game IMO.

OP
    Wahdan

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
    Mar 14, 2009
  • Thread Starter #31
    :D

I'm still in chapter 1, as I didn't play much.

Certainly it looks way way better than Witcher 1. Most noticeable change is the combat. No more click and watch combos, you do combos yourself with left click being quick attack and right click heavy attack.

Other major improvement is that opponents now hit you during you're fighting another, not like the previous game that they used to watch you slash their friends then attack you. That made the combat more fun, as you have to dodge to live a simple bandit fight

Not to mention graphics improvement. I play using high settings and it's really impressive. Ah almost forgot. Now every single word you say influence the flow of the game. Your decisions matter.

Till now I'm thrilled having this game at home, shame I will not be home in the next 3 days. I will say more when I go deeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)