The team of 20 years. (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
wow.. I'm Impressed by Kaiser.. surely he seems to know more about juve than what some of us know about Milan..

and YES.. Rui Barros was an attacking mid.. even If you didn't see him play.. you have to think that it would be odd for a defensive mid to score 14 goals in two seasons with juve..

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Who was Scirea by the way? Who, what, when?
The Baresi of the 80's not only an incredible libero, but also a gentleman. I think he never got sent off. A true Juventus player.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

and YES.. Rui Barros was an attacking mid.. even If you didn't see him play.. you have to think that it would be odd for a defensive mid to score 14 goals in two seasons with juve..
and Zambrotta is a right wing converted in to a left back...

Barros didn't play behind the strikers at that time, he played as an interior midfield with the role of recovering balls and bring them up front. Something like Perrotta in Chievo or Davids when he was playing in Juventus.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++

and Zambrotta is a right wing converted in to a left back...

Barros didn't play behind the strikers at that time, he played as an interior midfield with the role of recovering balls and bring them up front. Something like Perrotta in Chievo or Davids when he was playing in Juventus.
Except its not the Rui Barros that I know that you are referring to but the Barros I remember was not a defensive midfielder , maybe that genius Gigi Maifredi played him in that role, but that does not make him a defensive midfielder. But anyways I can actually name 30 players in the last 20 years who imo are better than Rui Barros in a Juve shirt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)