The Political Compass (1 Viewer)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i stumbled over this website a few years ago. the methodology isn't adequately explained, but some of their theories and ways of placing your answers on the bars make decent sense. for the purpose of some slightly intellectual debate it's a good place to start.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

6 pages of questions, you answer and at the end it places you on the scale. through an undisclosed analysis they also placed some prominent historical figures, so you can see if you're closer to stalin or hitler (yaaay - academical fun! ).

my results:

Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

if i remember correctly, a few years ago my score was something like

economic left/right: -5.5
Social libertarian/authoritarian: -1

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Here's me being Gandhi

Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well communism has it's advantages. It being masked as stalinism doesn't help it's case very much.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Where has it ever shown its advantages? Its a failed system, wherever its implemented, it has never been able to support sustainable growth, and it almost always leads to tyranny.

Also the implicit assumptions of communism are way off the mark.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Where has it ever shown its advantages? Its a failed system, wherever its implemented, it has never been able to support sustainable growth, and it almost always leads to tyranny.

Where do you think this system is going? Maybe not a one figure head as our lord, but the final outcome will be the same, just that this system is better for the ones in power because now we are praising our tyrants and the fake abundance of choice we are given make us content with the situation. After all they learn form their mistakes.

I'm not saying that communism is the way to go, but it had many good points, which are totaly not compatible with capitalism. And fuck this sustained economic growth which is as fake as you can get.

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #10

yugoslavia being one of the most thriving countries in europe with good education and very good economy disagrees. the point can also be made that communism never had the chance to prosper because of America and their financial & military power after WW2.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Seems fairly correct for me. Maybe slightly more to the right, but that will depend on how some questions were phrased (or how I interepreted them, at least).

$pcgraphpng.png

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #13
    I know, i'm going to blame the website. I would normally consider myself centre right normally
    i was surprised to see myself so far up on the authoritarian / libertarian scale. :p thought i'd be in the bottom left corner somewhere.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #15
    good to see matt :D

---------- Post added 04.04.2012 at 15:13 ----------

i'd like to know what people answered on the (paraphrase) "people with serious inheritable diseases should not be allowed to reproduce" still thinking about if i placed my x in the right box there.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    good to see matt :D

---------- Post added 04.04.2012 at 15:13 ----------

i'd like to know what people answered on the (paraphrase) "people with serious inheritable diseases should not be allowed to reproduce" still thinking about if i placed my x in the right box there.
    I went with either "agree" or "strongly agree".

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #18
    so did i, but i can't help but think if i should've said agree instead. i know that it in theory is a fascistic way of approaching the problem, but on the other hand if we know the child is going to be bearing the huntington or something as serious as that - i struggle to find moral ground from which to encourage that conception. @ matt

@ buck: moral fall pits in either answer, i can't seem to come out with a definitive answer.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I said agree. If someone is willing to bree with them they are of equal level then :p Just kidding, it's not up to us to decide what can breed and can't.

---------- Post added 04.04.2012 at 16:21 ----------

so did i, but i can't help but think if i should've said agree instead. i know that it in theory is a fascistic way of approaching the problem, but on the other hand if we know the child is going to be bearing the huntington or something as serious as that - i struggle to find moral ground from which to encourage that conception.
    It's not like saying go breed with that kid. If someone wants to do it it's their choice you have no ground to meddle in their affairs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)