The Official Tennis Thread (7 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's hard to compare individuals in team sports judging them by the number of titles they won.
Even in individual sports, I could accept that the one with the most titles of all time isn't necessarily the best if his closest rivals played in different era.
But Djokovic is playing at the same time as Federer and Nadal. If he ends up with more GS titles than them, then it's gonna be hard to say that Federer or Nadal were better than him. Especially considering his superior record in the H2H clashes against both of them. And especially against Federer. The overall h2h is 27:23 for Novak, but counting only GS matches it's 11:6 for Novak, and counting only the finals these two played against each other, Novak wins 14:6.
He won't be the best only because he won the most GS titles. He'll be the best also because he was cleaning the floor with those who are supposedly the best of all time.

But the elite will never accept a working class man (or in this case: someone who's not from an elite country) winning in an elite sport.
100%

If his name was John or Alessandro, if he was English or Italian, he'd have a lifetime fame and west would adore and love him. But it was a humiliation for them that a random guy came and climbed the ladders, winning against best players of the generation. Plus, he's a humble guy, quite funny too, despite his retarded points of view regarding many of things. He donated millions, and even donated huge amounts for countries struggling with Covid. He even accepted a pay cut so money would be distributed evenly among those who lost in earlier stages. So not only he wiped floor with biggest tennis stars but he did great things outside of the sport too. What he did in his career is far beyond impressive. The worst part about him is his wife, he's just insanely annoying and stupid.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The only reason I don't like Novak was because of his boring defensive playstyle. Otherwise he seems cool despite his recent shenanigans.

But people from Serbia likes for some reason to spin it as in the West don't like them when in truth Novak played a hand into the polarization there is about him.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The only reason I don't like Novak was because of his boring defensive playstyle. Otherwise he seems cool despite his recent shenanigans.

But people from Serbia likes for some reason to spin it as in the West don't like them when in truth Novak played a hand into the polarization there is about him.
There is hardly spin involved when claiming a western bias against Serbia.

But, as you say, Serbs being Serbs doesnt help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
He'll be a GOAT, no question about it, and being a Serb I want him to win shitload of trophies, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a moron as he went out covid positive, maskless, endangering hundreds of people in the process. Fucking retard. Everyone I know had to self iso for 10-14 days, but that rule doesn't apply to global superstar. Stupid ass country.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
100%

If his name was John or Alessandro, if he was English or Italian, he'd have a lifetime fame and west would adore and love him. But it was a humiliation for them that a random guy came and climbed the ladders, winning against best players of the generation. Plus, he's a humble guy, quite funny too, despite his retarded points of view regarding many of things. He donated millions, and even donated huge amounts for countries struggling with Covid. He even accepted a pay cut so money would be distributed evenly among those who lost in earlier stages. So not only he wiped floor with biggest tennis stars but he did great things outside of the sport too. What he did in his career is far beyond impressive. The worst part about him is his wife, he's just insanely annoying and stupid.
I personally think that Djokovic is one of the GOATs of tennis and Serbs should be proud with him and their overall sporting contributions as a nation because they are big compared to the country population and development.

On the other hand Novak is a bit of a nut case, but I sympathize with him in this situation. He already got Covid-19 twice and there should be a zero need for vaccination. I don't like that he is used as a scapegoat by the Australian authorities to prove how the law is equal for all. He already got Covid twice, let him be.

He is still a nutcase though :lol:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
BREAKING | The federal government’s decision to cancel Novak Djokovic’s visa has been overturned in the Federal Court
But if the government rescinds his visa now he won't be able to travel there for three years. The decision is happening now.

however he'll probably end up lifting the trophy around security guards once he wins the AO lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)